Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Maurice "Chip" Hatcher
honeypot

Author Topic: Maurice "Chip" Hatcher  (Read 6007 times)

Offline dddove68@aol.com

• Lurker
Maurice "Chip" Hatcher
« on: Mar 15, 2014, 08:34 »
Dear Friends & colleagues,
It is with a heavy heart, that I am sharing this news here, that my friend & colleague Chip Hatcher passed away unexpectedly Thursday morning 03/13/2014 at his temporary residence in Peekskill, NY.  Chip had been working at Indian Point with his son Nick Hatcher. Chip had previuosly be employed at Savannah River Site.

Chip was the loving husband of Kimberly Hatcher, and devoted and proud father of both Nicholas & Kyle Hatcher.
Chip & Kimberly reside in Aiken, SC and he was originally from Milford, CT. & he is also survived by his parents, and a brother. His wife & son Kyle have joined Nick with their extended family in CT.

I've attached the link below to help his family offset his final expenses etc.
http://www.gofundme.com/7ldz48

Funeral arrangements are still underway and the service will be held in CT.
Condolence cards
may be mailed to;

Mrs. Kimberly Hatcher
128 Pine Needle Rd.
Aiken, S.C., 29803
« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2014, 08:14 by dddove68@aol.com »

Offline liam

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
Re: Maurice "Chip" Hatcher
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2014, 01:48 »
  :-[No, No, No!  Oh Hell No!  Chip was my roommate in Scotland when we were stationed at Holy Loch.  After our Navy Careers ended, I helped him get a job at Turkey Point.  After Hurricane Andrew, I left Florida, but I saw Chip a few times afterwards when I would travel south.  Damn, so many good memories of the Wee Chip as we called him.  Now both of my roommates, Karl Burden and Chip, have passed away and I am feeling really old.  I’ll always treasure or time together. [salute]

surf50

« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2014, 01:01 »
Oh man....Chip was one of the funniest guys I've worked with. We were house techs together for a while.
Chip would ask me to go over to his house in Cutler Ridge and help him fix stuff (he couldn't hammer a nail to save his life).
I think I fed little Nick's pet rabbit while they went on vacation once.

I'm sorry and sad to hear this...my condolences to the family.

Bruce

Offline pbooth

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2014, 07:30 »
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
I was deeply sadden when I came to work on nightshift @ Indian Point to learn that
my good friend Chip Hatcher had passed away. We worked together @ SRS for a  good
while. Our offices were across the hall from one another. Chip was a great tech. and
a dynamite friend. I was happy to see him again @ Indian Point when he introduced
me to his son Nick.
To his family, my family and I send our prayers and condolences to you!!!!
           RIP Brother!              PBOOTH

Offline stirfry

• Moderate User
  • It's an O.K. World
« Reply #4 on: Mar 18, 2014, 11:13 »
RIP Chip,
May help take the GIANTS to a superbowl this year. and may you always shoot 6 under.
My condolences to his wife and son.

FINNI
YA gotta be SOMEWHERE

Offline johnnieslingshot

• Moderate User
  • Let's go bowl-diving
« Reply #5 on: Mar 18, 2014, 04:07 »
So sad to hear of Chip's passing.  I have fond memories of working with him at SRS.  RIP Chip and my condolences to his family.

johnnie

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?