Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Tennelec 5E vs. Protean WPC-1050 honeypot

Author Topic: Tennelec 5E vs. Protean WPC-1050  (Read 5072 times)

Offline Vanilla Xtract

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Tennelec 5E vs. Protean WPC-1050
« on: Mar 29, 2014, 09:09 »
I am looking at requesting an automated count system for our plant. We currently use an iSOLO to count smears for alpha and it is not really working out. Does anyone have experience with both instruments and can recommend one over the other? Or is there any other options out there?

Offline Trecker987

• Lurker
Re: Tennelec 5E vs. Protean WPC-1050
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2014, 08:49 »
Immediately off topic, but could you detail the issues you have had with the iSolo?

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2014, 01:23 »
I am looking at requesting an automated count system for our plant. We currently use an iSOLO to count smears for alpha and it is not really working out. Does anyone have experience with both instruments and can recommend one over the other? Or is there any other options out there?

check your PMs,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
« Reply #3 on: Mar 31, 2014, 07:28 »
Not sure of the detailed differences between the Tennelec 5E and the previous version. The Protean is a fine machine, the cal. guys dont have any complaints, and in todays climate of heightened helium nucleus controls, having every sample(smear or air) counted for said offender and with the 20dpm mda capability, it is a nice addition to any commercial plants count room.
« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2014, 07:29 by fiveeleven »

Ed

« Reply #4 on: Apr 03, 2014, 04:08 »
OK, lets see,

Tennelec: needs gas, gas regulator, someone who would know how to change bottles and how to check gas pressure, flow, etc daily, Also, sophisticated data formatting software (which I forget what it was called) which causes few problems every now and then and harder to resolve by average joe nuke tech or the instrument tech :-)

Protean: does not need gas, simple operation, load the planchets stack, let it count all through the weekend and leave, and better MDA anyways,

seems simple choice to me at least as far as the nuke plants concerned  :-)

Ed

« Reply #5 on: Apr 03, 2014, 04:54 »
but Then again iSolo is a great instrument for a quick check of Alpha,  provided it is calibrated by a competent calibration tech and used,  the same,  by a competent count room tech. iSolo is a g I it is a great wonderful addition to any serious radiation monitoring instrumentation lab.
« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2014, 03:52 by Ed »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?