Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Reaktor operator from Sweden wants to US NPP. honeypot

Author Topic: Reaktor operator from Sweden wants to US NPP.  (Read 7492 times)

Offline Reopsweden

• Very Lite User
Reaktor operator from Sweden wants to US NPP.
« on: Apr 02, 2014, 11:15 »
Hi all.

What chances do you give for a reactor operator from abroad to get a job over there?

Whit all the visas and such. Been working as a RO for three years.
« Last Edit: Apr 02, 2014, 11:31 by Marlin »

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
Re: Reaktor operator from Sweden wants to US NPP.
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2014, 02:05 »
Unless there is some law/rule that I'm not aware of, as long as you can get through the security process, I don't see why you couldn't work here. You'd have to re-license, of course, but I'm not aware any reasons you couldn't.

Maybe PM a user called Graphic to see if he knows of anything.

May I ask why you want to come here to work?

Justin
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline Reopsweden

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2014, 03:44 »
Thanks, I appreciate your response. the reason I want to move to US is at least two reasons. First I want a adventure, thou i´m in it for the long run. Second, the future here fore reactor operators is less bright than in US. I want to bring my wife and kids to US and start a life there and work hard. I don´t mind to get a new license and all the only two worries I have is to get a Visa to work and the language barrier, thou keep in mind swedes are known as the best non native english speakers in the world.

Offline Reopsweden

• Very Lite User
« Reply #3 on: Apr 02, 2014, 03:59 »
I´ve been told that you can´t get a visa or green card if there is an american citizen that can do your work. True?

Ed

« Reply #4 on: Apr 02, 2014, 05:24 »
You might get better answers in a forum that generally discusses work, visas, immigration issues in US.

Offline Reopsweden

• Very Lite User
« Reply #5 on: Apr 02, 2014, 05:52 »
You might get better answers in a forum that generally discusses work, visas, immigration issues in US.

I thought RO was a bit more qualified Tham general work thats why i posted it on this forum.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #6 on: Apr 02, 2014, 07:05 »
I thought RO was a bit more qualified Tham general work thats why i posted it on this forum.

I think he means those specific questions about getting a Visa. Most of us here haven't had to deal wth that.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Ed

« Reply #7 on: Apr 03, 2014, 02:31 »
Automatic Visa is granted to extraordinary talent, great scientific ability or achievement,  great artistic or athletic recognition, Think Stephen Hawking,  Linus Torvalds(from Your eastern neighbor Country Finland originally), Buno form U2, etc.

Although all hope is not lost for you. I have done the internet search for you. seems what You need is a "H-1B" visa. It is called "Specialty Occupation" visa.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H-1B_visa

You would have to find an employer here in the US.  They would have to get the visa for You. would they? would they bother? when they could find another qualified RO to hire here in the US? good luck to You, but this is the route you are seeking I think.  

American worker who can do the job comes into question if You are trying to get a "H-2B" or "Temporary Non-Agricultural Workers"  visa. You can find all the info if you put "working in the US" in the google:

http://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/working-us
« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2014, 03:17 by Ed »

Offline mars88

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #8 on: Apr 03, 2014, 03:02 »
"thou keep in mind swedes are known as the best non native english speakers in the world."

Not true.  The best are Danes, followed by Norwegians, then Belgians, THEN Swedes.  But hey, 4th is darn good.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #9 on: Apr 03, 2014, 03:18 »
"thou keep in mind swedes are known as the best non native english speakers in the world."

Not true.  The best are Danes, followed by Norwegians, then Belgians, THEN Swedes.  But hey, 4th is darn good.

If Arnold Schwarzenegger speaks English well enough to be California's governor I think any Swede speaks English well enough to be an RO in the US.

« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2014, 03:29 by Marlin »

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #10 on: Apr 03, 2014, 09:06 »
  If Arnold Schwarzenegger speaks English well enough to be California's governor I think any Swede speaks English well enough to be an RO in the US.

I am not so sure about that... you are talking about California, after all.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #11 on: Apr 04, 2014, 11:17 »
I am not so sure about that... you are talking about California, after all.

"Bazinga!" - Sheldon Cooper

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?