Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Navy Nuke Requirements
honeypot

Author Topic: Navy Nuke Requirements  (Read 5190 times)

Offline Mr_Gigglz

• Lurker
Navy Nuke Requirements
« on: Apr 07, 2014, 01:00 »
I know this is everyone's favorite topic and there seems to be a decent amount of hostility on some replies.
I've done a fair amount of research and couldn't find any exact requirements for the Nuke program.

I did come across several things concerning grades/gpa:
A c or better in an equal level or higher must be obtained if a math class was failed
also,
math grades are based on points, i.e. a C in a course 4 years ago is worth 15pts and an A in a class 1 year ago is worth 40 points. Any points over 60 on the NFQT can be contributed to the math grade.

Is this true?

I'm in the process of enlisting and scored a 261 for the Nuc rate on the Asvab.
I have had a roller coaster of grades throughout my scholastic career but my most recent math grade was a B in college calc

What does this mean for my enlistment and is the above true?

Offline nukesquirrel

• Very Lite User
Re: Navy Nuke Requirements
« Reply #1 on: Apr 07, 2014, 07:35 »
Chances are you will need to take the NAPT. In addition you will need handwritten statements on why you want to be in the navy, why you want to be a nuke and why you did so poorly in school. It's all going to come down to how well you do on the NAPT and how many D's or worse in math classes you have.

Offline Navy Recruiter Nuke MM1

• Very Lite User
Re: Navy Nuke Requirements
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 04:48 »

I'm in the process of enlisting and scored a 261 for the Nuc rate on the Asvab.
I have had a roller coaster of grades throughout my scholastic career but my most recent math grade was a B in college calc

Have you ever had a D in any Math class? If all of your grades in Math have been a C- or higher, this should not have a negative effect on qualifying for a nuke contract.

Also, are you still in college currently? The amount of time since taking a math class can affect your process. The ideal situation would be if you are currently taking and passing a Math class in school.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?