Career Path > Salary Questions

what is an acceptable offer for entering SRO training?

(1/2) > >>

bwrworker:
Hello all,

Looking for some benchmarking info....trying to be respectful and modest at the same time so bear with me. I believe soon I will receive an offer to join the next available direct SRO initial licensing class at my company. Can anyone provide useful data on what a good offer would be? Specifically w.r.t. starting salary.

Thanks in advance.

ChiefRocscooter:
Sorry, but did you really think someone would post that on here?  Ask for a PM maybe (doubtful but .....maybe).  Beside unless you post the name of your site, your time with the company, your qualifications, and half a dozen other thing you would never post how would anyone on here know what to say? (unless of course they are a direct at your site)  Why not go ask a few SRO's at work maybe one of them will give you a "answer" that is allowed, keep it general else wise go try monster.com or some other generic site maybe an SRO posted his salary on there, but remember they all get paid different sums based on many things.

bwrworker:
I apologize. I thought everyone on this site was fairly mature and educated. Appears that is a poor assumption. I was just looking for a general range.

Thanks

Marlin:

--- Quote from: ChiefRocscooter on Apr 11, 2014, 10:21 ---Sorry, but did you really think someone would post that on here?  Ask for a PM maybe (doubtful but .....maybe).  Beside unless you post the name of your site, your time with the company, your qualifications, and half a dozen other thing you would never post how would anyone on here know what to say? (unless of course they are a direct at your site)  Why not go ask a few SRO's at work maybe one of them will give you a "answer" that is allowed, keep it general else wise go try monster.com or some other generic site maybe an SRO posted his salary on there, but remember they all get paid different sums based on many things.

--- End quote ---
[chill] [chill] [chill]

--- Quote from: bwrworker on Apr 13, 2014, 01:36 ---I apologize. I thought everyone on this site was fairly mature and educated. Appears that is a poor assumption. I was just looking for a general range.

Thanks

--- End quote ---
[chill] [chill] [chill]

From an article two years ago, but pay bands and pay package varies plant to plant.

10.) Senior Reactor Operator
Median Salary: $85,426

A Senior reactor operator is responsible for making sure the plant runs in accordance to regulations. They are responsible for managing and operating the plant's mechanical, electrical and reactor systems, and ensuring the plant operates safely on all levels.

A high school diploma is required, as well as up to five years of work experience and previous training. In addition, applicants are required to possess a valid U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission Reactor Operator license. A Bachelor's degree may also be required.

http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/smart-takes/how-much-can-i-earn-in-the-nuclear-industry/

a|F:

--- Quote from: bwrworker on Apr 13, 2014, 01:36 ---I apologize. I thought everyone on this site was fairly mature and educated. Appears that is a poor assumption. I was just looking for a general range.

Thanks

--- End quote ---

What a crappy statement from someone who's looking for help.  Your own maturity shown through.  If you can't learn to ignore or not comment on statements you disagree with, you are in for a tough career as an SRO.  

Most utilities are starting direct SRO's in the $90-100k range.  Good luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version