Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Starting shift next Tues!!
honeypot

Author Topic: Starting shift next Tues!!  (Read 4108 times)

Offline dallgire

• Light User
Starting shift next Tues!!
« on: Apr 17, 2014, 08:30 »
Well guys I started at the plant after a exhausting 8hr orientation Monday! I will say after 3 days in the plant this is by far the best job I have ever had!! The equipment location map is daunting but I see each day that I understand it a little more everytime I get home and look at it! The procedure were about 1.5" thick but after looking through them 80% of them are racking breakers in/out. I was told if it was the only thing I ever remember from the apo I'm working with it's to NEVER and I mean NEVER rack in/out a closed breaker! That's all can think about! A guy blew up a 4160v breaker racking it in due to an electrician leaving a lead wire hanging out the back. Said it melted his whole 40 cal arc gear. Anyhow enough yapping  I just wanted to say how much I like it thus far!
« Last Edit: Apr 21, 2014, 04:23 by dallgire »

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
Re: Starting shift next Tues!!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2014, 09:28 »
Best of luck.  People have died racking breakers.  Was at Fermi when it happened.
LM

Offline RadRooster

• Very Lite User
Re: Starting shift next Tues!!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 19, 2014, 10:13 »
Glad to hear you are enjoying your work, it is a refreshing change. Be safe out there.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?