Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Ric Shank honeypot

Author Topic: Ric Shank  (Read 7140 times)

Offline HousePuke

• ALARA Coordinator / Rad Engineer
  • Heavy User
  • If you don't like it here, go somewhere else!
Ric Shank
« on: Apr 19, 2014, 02:09 »
I had a call a little bit ago to let me know a long time friend (more than 30 years) passed apparently this morning. I have no details, but I'll post as soon as I do.
Mr. Ric Shank, always friend, sometimes co-worker, sometime roomy...I will miss you my friend. RIP my friend. It's been an honor to have known you.
Irish diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell such that he looks forward to making the trip.

Inspite of inflation, a penny is still a fair price for most peoples thoughts.

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
Ric Shank
« Reply #1 on: Apr 19, 2014, 02:11 »
I was just notified by a manager at Enercon Services, Inc. that a great friend, coworker, and comrade in conversation, Ric Shank passed away last night. I will post more information as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2014, 02:15 by peteshonkwiler »
A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
Re: Ric Shank
« Reply #2 on: Apr 19, 2014, 02:22 »
wail, hail! this knews totally flattens my day. good man. grate dad. won of the best two work with. aisle miss you ric.
dang!
« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2014, 02:23 by SloGlo »
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline HousePuke

• ALARA Coordinator / Rad Engineer
  • Heavy User
  • If you don't like it here, go somewhere else!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 20, 2014, 05:38 »
You obviously have no idea what the relationship here is. Ric, Pete / SloGlo and I have all been friends for quite a long time. Pete / SloGlo can say whatever he likes. YOU should show some respect!
Irish diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell such that he looks forward to making the trip.

Inspite of inflation, a penny is still a fair price for most peoples thoughts.

atomicarcheologist

« Reply #4 on: Apr 20, 2014, 05:44 »
I am truly saddened by this. Ric and I worked alot together, lots of remediation projects, D&D, even some plants back in the day. He always ranked high on my list of coworkers and friends. So many great memories. I'll miss you, Rest in peace Ric.

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
« Reply #5 on: Apr 21, 2014, 01:17 »
Ralph "Ric" Shank, 61 of Greensburg passed away, Friday, April 18, 2014. 

He was born October 28, 1952 in Greensburg, a son of Christine (Yutcy) Shank of Greensburg and the late John Harry Shank Jr.

Ric was a Veteran of the US Air Force.  He enjoyed ridging his Harley and visiting South Carolina and Civil War sights and enjoyed Civil War history.

He was employed by Enercon and was a graduate of Greensburg Salem High School Class of 1970.

In addition to his mother, Christine Shank, he is survived by his daughter, Amanda Mobley and husband Kevin; his grandson, Kiren T. Mobley, his brother, John M. Shank and wife Sandy; several aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews. Also survived by his close friends, Theresa; Greg Zambano; Marshall Wolfe and Peter Campolongo.

Family and friends will be received on Tuesday from 2-4 & 6-8 pm in the KEPPLE-GRAFT FUNERAL HOME, INC. 524 N. Main St. Greensburg where services will be held Wednesday at 10:30 am in the funeral home with Rev. Stephen Morse officiating.  Interment will military honors bestowed by VFW Post 33 will follow in Twin Valley Memorial Park, Delmont.

Terence L. Graft, funeral director, entrusted with the arrangements. For online condolences and information, please visit www.kepplegraft.com.
A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

justatech

« Reply #6 on: Apr 22, 2014, 10:48 »
So sad,  :'(  Ric was a great guy! Met Ric on my first Jr. job at Beaver Valley, he took the time to patiently teach me the meters. I remember the day Ric and Gary Bowen invited me into CTMT for a tour; I grabbed my meter and excitedly flew in there…. At one point they asked “what’s it reading here” ……duh!!!  :o   Yes, lesson #1 Grasshopper… “Turn your meter on before coming in here” they stood there grinning at me and I've never forgotten that lesson. Learned a lot that outage, but what I remember most is the fact Ric was always a happy pleasant person to be around, always wanting to help someone …… and I appreciated that, as we all did. RIP Ric   

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #7 on: Apr 23, 2014, 08:11 »
Very sad news!  Ric worked for me and with me many times over the years.  He will be missed by many!  RIP my friend, RIP.
Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

Kokokel

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 06:04 »
So sorry o hear that Rick has passed. I worked at Beaver Valley with him for years. Great guy. Always helped me any way he could. Lot's of memories and laughs from the past.

Offline stirfry

• Moderate User
  • It's an O.K. World
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 06:28 »
 :'( :'( :'(

I worked with Ric at Shippingport Decommissioning and he was great to work with and taught me a lot.

We have another Rad Angel looking over us.

Finni
YA gotta be SOMEWHERE

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?