Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Tommy LeMacks  

Author Topic: Tommy LeMacks  (Read 7172 times)

BPotts

Tommy LeMacks
« on: Apr 29, 2014, 12:50 »
Tommy LeMacks passed away April 23, 2014 at 7:00 AM in Charleston, SC.  Tommy's last outage was in 1989 at Hatch.

Tommy was a fantastic technician and a great friend.   Tom worked at many plants throughout the country. Tom struggled with heart problems and underwent numerous procedures - bypasses, valve replacements and stents.  He passed away suddenly of heart failure.   BPotts
« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2014, 11:35 by Rennhack »

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
Re: Tommy LeMacks (Fallen) by B Potts
« Reply #1 on: Apr 29, 2014, 07:21 »
I had the pleasure of working with Tom several outages at DC Cook during the ARC reign in the late 80's. He was a true gentleman with a great sense of humor and a great perspective. I still remember one of his logsheet entries which stated " its was a mighty long way to the upper ice condenser toting that lo-vol". He truly was a fine man. RIP Tom.    MM2/ELT USS NIMITZ 80-84. BOHICA.

Offline gator6262

• Lurker
Re: Tommy LeMacks
« Reply #2 on: Apr 30, 2014, 06:53 »
I worked with Tommy back in the 80's,one of the nicest you could ever know. He was usually the guy getting everyone together for a group photo. 

Offline TENN-1

• Moderate User
  • Finished the 5 year plan in only 34!
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 02:55 »
Crossed paths with Tom at D. Arnold, Palisades, and later Cook.   Always a soft voice and kind word, much like his father.   Another of Tom's survey comments: " The heat exchanger is a dark and eerie place."    Peace and comfort to those who knew him best and called him friend.
Things come to those who wait, but usually it's stuff left over from those who hustle!

Offline ergo sum

• Very Lite User
  • " I've got one more silver dollar..."
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 10:21 »
I only got to work with Tom once in the early eighties out at Duane Arnold. He was one of those  people l had hoped to see again, l feel we are all lessened by his passing for he was a fine example of just what a gentleman should be. -Chuck Auth
"You may ask yourself, 'how do I work this?' " D. Byrne                                                         
  "In order to live outside the law you must be honest'" Bob Dylan

Offline RJJM

• Very Lite User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #5 on: Jun 15, 2016, 12:13 »
Remember Tom well from Georgia.  Fine man.  Such a gentleman he was.  Sad to hear this news. - Rhonda Jordan & Jay Mills

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?