Career Path > Coming Back

Resurrecting I&C Career - Help Me Brainstorm

<< < (2/2)

ddickey:
Would love to do that type of work as well.

Chimera:
Back in the startup days at Clinton, one of the I&C Techs left to work at one of Illinois Power's dirt burners.  He stated that he was never happier - plenty of work without two tons of paperwork, five procedures and everyone looking over his shoulder.

UncaBuffalo:

--- Quote from: ddickey on Sep 25, 2014, 05:48 ---Would love to do that type of work as well.

--- End quote ---

Time it better than I did...  I waited a few weeks too late and didn't get as much work...or as much training...out of the fall outage season as I might have if I'd sent out resumes in mid-summer.  If you are thinking about going on the road for spring outage season, I'd start talking to the recruiters every week from about Thanksgiving on...

Good luck!   :)

UncaBuffalo:

--- Quote from: Chimera on Sep 25, 2014, 06:21 ---Back in the startup days at Clinton, one of the I&C Techs left to work at one of Illinois Power's dirt burners.  He stated that he was never happier - plenty of work without two tons of paperwork, five procedures and everyone looking over his shoulder.

--- End quote ---

At some point, I hope to settle down at one of the mills close to the house.  I can see the appeal of ditching the procedures and paper...and just doing the work.

But, all the house jobs seem to want 5+ years of experience, so looks like it's be nukes for a few more years.

Fortunately, I still enjoy the road, so...

:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version