Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu T-track

Author Topic: T-track  (Read 8785 times)

Offline Adamdg51

• Light User
T-track
« on: May 19, 2014, 11:23 »
Can anyone offer a little more insight on what t-track is? and what factors contribute to how long you can stay in t-track? Also what bars would be good to visit in Charleston while on t-track 8)

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
Re: T-track
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 06:46 »
It's been a long time since I was in Charleston - but at one time there were 17 topless clubs in the county.

took 8 1/2 hours to hit all of them  :P
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 07:14 »
It's been a long time since I was in Charleston - but at one time there were 17 topless clubs in the county.

that was TaTa Crawl,...

not T-Track,...

frickin' sailors,... :P ;) :) 8)

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 08:07 »
wasn't a sailor - was at Barnwell shipping course...
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 11:00 »
wasn't a sailor - was at Barnwell shipping course...

nah, you were a sailor once upon a time,...

BHCF (Bad Habits Carried Forward),...

I went to the shipping course in charleston once upon a tme,...

Nice hotel, took the better half and a couple of the young 'uns,..

Got a nice dinner cruise of the harbor out of the deal,..

no ta ta crawl,...

dam hot and humid though,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 10:11 »
T track is a great time to relax, despite your neg reps. There's nothing for you to study, but if its only gonna last for a couple weeks, then definitely get your head in the game. Power school is no joke! That is your primary goal and reason for existing at this place, keep that in mind. And for god's sakes, do NOT be associated with under-age drinking of ANY SORT. READ: "Do NOT go to house parties". YOU will take the hammer for being "of age".

That said, it can last anywhere between 2 weeks to 24 months. When I was in, most of the time you had to wait was based on 2 things: class up time, and if you had your clearance or not. Back then there were some "shady" dealings going on with the clearance guy (lack of paperwork) that kept some people on t-track for a long time. When you get on t-track, you will find out how long you will be on it for. If you already have your clearance, then expect a short stay, and don't be worrying about "bars" and "clubs" too much. Plenty of time for that later.

Hilariousity

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2014, 12:06 »
T-track sucks. The entire point of T-track is allow enough A-School classes to graduate(about 30 people each) in order to be able to form a power school class(about 300 people each). The problem many people have with it is you are likely going to spend most of your time on T-track sitting somewhere staring out into space, because the navy
1) sees your time as cheaper then water
2) doesn't actually have anything meaningful for you to do most of the time
3) is trying incredibly hard to prevent you from causing alchohol related incidents and/or finding other ways to be booted out of nuke school
This results in you and most of your classmates sitting in the Rickover for 12 hours a day in uniform with no cellphones, other means of entertainment, and only able to read books off of a "military approved" reading list. While I was on T-track the 3 or 4 good duties that were possible to get would consistently be handed out to whoever was liked by the section leaders. Which just so generally happened to be people who graduated with the section leader from A-School and the rest of us would get shafted. Almost the very same instant I got off of T-track and classed up T-track made some changes because there was one person in particular who was consistently late to almost every muster and people on grad hold not doing their jobs. Whether T-track is better or worse now than it used to be will be something for you to decide. Good luck!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 12:29 by Hilariousity »

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2014, 05:13 »
T-track sucks. The entire point of T-track is allow enough A-School classes to graduate(about 30 people each) in order to be able to form a power school class(about 300 people each). The problem many people have with it is you are likely going to spend most of your time on T-track sitting somewhere staring out into space, because the navy
1) sees your time as cheaper then water
2) doesn't actually have anything meaningful for you to do most of the time
3) is trying incredibly hard to prevent you from causing alchohol related incidents and/or finding other ways to be booted out of nuke school
This results in you and most of your classmates sitting in the Rickover for 12 hours a day in uniform with no cellphones, other means of entertainment, and only able to read books off of a "military approved" reading list. While I was on T-track the 3 or 4 good duties that were possible to get would consistently be handed out to whoever was liked by the section leaders. Which just so generally happened to be people who graduated with the section leader from A-School and the rest of us would get shafted. Almost the very same instant I got off of T-track and classed up T-track made some changes because there was one person in particular who was consistently late to almost every muster and people on grad hold not doing their jobs. Whether T-track is better or worse now than it used to be will be something for you to decide. Good luck!

Boy you're a cynical one...

When you get to the fleet, you will look back and relish your days on T-track. If "12 hour days" are "tough".... I have bad news for you!  :o

T track is what you make it. Its not "12 hour days, every day",  you have duty sections and rotations, and yes, some days will "suck". You forgot to mention you get weekends off, have nights off, and are able to actually chill out and not have to worry about your next test.  Keep in context please.

Offline Adamdg51

• Light User
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 01:59 »

YES. sounds like a nice way to blow off steam.

Offline Adamdg51

• Light User
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2014, 02:02 »
READ: "Do NOT go to house parties". YOU will take the hammer for being "of age".

definitely good advice, thanks.

That said, it can last anywhere between 2 weeks to [/b]24 months.[/b]..

WTF. two years on t-track? thats absolutely insane haha.

Offline Savage

• Very Lite User
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2014, 07:19 »
Can anyone offer a little more insight on what t-track is? and what factors contribute to how long you can stay in t-track? Also what bars would be good to visit in Charleston while on t-track 8)

Lol which bars are good? You're not even in yet. Enjoy mil-div if you get an ARI. :P

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2014, 10:55 »
T track is a great time to relax, despite your neg reps. There's nothing for you to study, but if its only gonna last for a couple weeks, then definitely get your head in the game. Power school is no joke! That is your primary goal and reason for existing at this place, keep that in mind. And for god's sakes, do NOT be associated with under-age drinking of ANY SORT. READ: "Do NOT go to house parties". YOU will take the hammer for being "of age".

For a little perspective, a few months ago, we had 40ish guys go to mast (over a period of 10 days) for underage drinking, providing alcohol to minors, or knowing about it on not stopping it.

Offline Atom_breaker

• Very Lite User
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2014, 11:51 »
I'll be sure to just mind my own and stay away from anyone with alcohol.  O:)

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2014, 08:16 »
For a little perspective, a few months ago, we had 40ish guys go to mast (over a period of 10 days) for underage drinking, providing alcohol to minors, or knowing about it on not stopping it.

Fleet Needs More A-Gang!!  ;D

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2014, 09:10 »
I'll be sure to just mind my own and stay away from anyone with alcohol.  O:)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?