Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Reaching Out. PF / SPO  

Author Topic: Reaching Out. PF / SPO  (Read 4376 times)

Offline FalselinkUSMC

• Lurker
Reaching Out. PF / SPO
« on: May 21, 2014, 04:30 »
Morning people.

First and foremost this is my first post here but, not my my first post on a forum. That being said I am sorry in advance for any and all rules I happen to unknowingly break.

To keep this short as its 4am and I have not slept yet. Back in March I had my eyes opened up to the nuclear security field. I got out of the Marine Corps back in October 2011 and then attended college. I networked myself around for a bit (since this seems to be the only way to get into a career field other than some scammy craigslist posting) and talked to a security manager who works for the NNSA. I ended up applying for a Security Police Officer at the Lawrence Livermore National Lab. I was then told that there was a 60 day turn around time to find out if you get accepted for training and what not. Basically, how the hell do I get in as a Security Police Officer or Protection Force Guard at a nuclear plant. I have plenty of asset/personnel security experience. Tons of trigger time and have trained thousands of Marines, SF nuts and foreign military personnel in combat marksmanship and urban assault. However, I feel I am missing something. I was a week away from heading back over to Afghanistan for PSD work with Triple Canopy but, decided I have been deployed enough and there has to be something here stateside that I am qualified for. Is there some nuke security course I should take before scouring the internet and applying for any vacant position? Does anyone have any recruiters that I can talk to? I live in upstate NY but am willing and able to move ASAP. I'm on my last leg here as I feel getting out of the Marine Corps was the biggest mistake of my life. It seems the thousands of hours of training and real life combat experience doesn't mean diddly when joe schmoe from down the block is better suited at even being a mall cop than a salty war dog because he took the $600 16 hour security guard course. I'm sorry for running my mouth but, I'm tired and slightly annoyed at the hush hush business that is nuclear security. If any of you don't feel like writing anything even a link to some website will help. Are all nuke security gigs acquired by applying for a job vacancy on whatever companies job board? ...End Rant..

Thanks for anyone who read all of that and any info you can throw at me.

Semper Fi

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
Re: Reaching Out. PF / SPO
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 06:50 »
check your PMs
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 06:55 »
security is not my gig, I do thank you for your service,...

I do know upstate New York fairly well as I live there, you may need to consider making another clime your home, upstate New York is no place for new money,...

check your PMs,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline FalselinkUSMC

• Lurker
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 12:21 »
Housedad and glw, thank you for the pms. I'll check out the links. I am by no means only looking for a spot in NY. It is becoming horribly obvious that there isn't anything for me here in this state of liberal pansies.

Do recruiters troll these forums?

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 12:48 »
Do recruiters troll these forums?

Yes but do not expect them to contact you from the forums. Lots posted in Nuclear jobs and you can post your resume where it will be looked at seriously.

http://www.nukeworker.com/job/jobseeker.php

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 01:14 »
Housedad and glw, thank you for the pms. I'll check out the links. I am by no means only looking for a spot in NY. It is becoming horribly obvious that there isn't anything for me here in this state of liberal pansies....

not all liberal pansies,...

still some paleocon aldrovandas,...

albeit our range is limited,... [coffee]

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?