Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Engineer Questions  

Author Topic: Engineer Questions  (Read 3893 times)

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
Engineer Questions
« on: May 24, 2014, 05:23 »
I am 3/4'ths done with my BSME, and I was hoping to pick the brain of an engineer that's working in a power plant (nuclear or fossil, scope should be similar).  I feel like I'm being groomed for the auto industry ( :-\) and I'm curious about my next steps. Basically considering PE/EIT vs graduate level vs "Experience" etc etc and how it applies to the power production world. I have a scripted set of questions for someone willing to take a couple minutes and answer them at their convenience.

Thanks in advance!

Offline tr

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Engineer Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 02:56 »
No matter what you chose, take the Engineering Fundamentals (old EIT) exam as soon as you can.  It's a lifetime exam, and the further you are from college the more difficult it becomes.

Offline cheme09

• Moderate User
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 09:43 »
I agree that you should take the FE as soon as possible. I think they have it set up now that it's all computerized and you can basically take it any time you want instead of only during Spring or Fall. Feel free to send me your questionaire and I'll get to it when I can.

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 06:14 »
I agree that you should take the FE as soon as possible. I think they have it set up now that it's all computerized and you can basically take it any time you want instead of only during Spring or Fall. Feel free to send me your questionaire and I'll get to it when I can.

Thank you for your advice! I am currently picking TR's brain, and I can't see the harm in seeing what you have to say as well. As always I appreciate your guys' time for this.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?