Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Old IRM Course Curriculum  

Author Topic: Old IRM Course Curriculum  (Read 5778 times)

Offline idrum4food

• Moderate User
  • If ya need air, rope, or wings to get ta where yur goin, ya don't need ta go.
Old IRM Course Curriculum
« on: May 24, 2014, 09:36 »
Would anyone have the old IRM RP course curriculum from the old IRM training program. I've been in the RP business for 30 years and now have to take "initial RP training" at my utility. I have the certificate but no curriculum to go with it. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline 61nomad

• Moderate User
Re: Old IRM Course Curriculum
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 10:42 »
I went to the IRM school in 1984.  All you need to remember is you are allowed 40 MPC-Hours per week and you can get up to 12 Rem per year as long as your lifetime dose does not exceed 5(n-18), n being your age in years.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 02:46 »
Would anyone have the old IRM RP course curriculum from the old IRM training program. I've been in the RP business for 30 years and now have to take "initial RP training" at my utility. I have the certificate but no curriculum to go with it. Any help would be appreciated.
are they paying for the initial r.p. training? paid training to bring totally up to speed on paper wood knot bee a bad thing.  ;)
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 07:06 »
That initial RP training is for being a new house tech?
It's lots different than the IRM curriculum. Much more involved, will include some systems, current regulations and most important - procedures.
Attend the training. Even if you already know it all, you will be a resource to a classmate. It will give you a better understanding of why the plant does things the way they do.
Good luck
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 10:45 »
Attend the training. Even if you already know it all, you will be a resource to a classmate. It will give you a better understanding of why the plant does things the way they do.
Spot on. In fact, attend the training because it may be the easiest money you will ever make. If it isn't, you needed it.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline idrum4food

• Moderate User
  • If ya need air, rope, or wings to get ta where yur goin, ya don't need ta go.
« Reply #5 on: Jun 04, 2014, 09:53 »
I didn't have a choice. I had to attend. All in all the first several weeks were excellent which consisted of systems training. The third week was math which miraculously got exempt when I had to attend INPO First Line Leadership training in Atlanta (which was excellent). Now it's just basic physics, elect., interactions with matter etc. I'm treating it like an NEU refresher for when I retire.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #6 on: Jun 04, 2014, 09:59 »
I'm treating it like an NEU refresher for when I retire.
their ya go! all ready planning the golden rear vue mirror?
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

surf50

« Reply #7 on: Jun 05, 2014, 01:01 »
all ready planning the golden rear vue mirror?

Man, it is NEVER too soon to start planning for retirement.
I was thinking about it the first week I hired in.

My First Rule: treat everyone with respect; especially contractors, because you will be one someday.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?