Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Hiring Process honeypot

Author Topic: Hiring Process  (Read 4465 times)

Offline lethalblade

• Lurker
Hiring Process
« on: Jun 09, 2014, 08:52 »
I recently interview at a power station for an EO position. They said they would notify us in a couple of weeks. About 2 weeks later I emailed my HR rep and she said that I had pass the test but they still determining who to hire. Three more weeks have passed and still no word. I have tried to email my HR rep twice more in that span but I have got no response. Should I assume that I did not get the job. Any other people go through something similar. Also the company has recently put out a notice that they are hiring EO again.

Offline tr

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Hiring Process
« Reply #1 on: Jun 10, 2014, 12:12 »
Utility hiring processes can be VERY long.  I would give it more time and then contact the HR Rep to see if you should apply to the latest posting as well.

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #2 on: Jun 10, 2014, 05:44 »
My (very small amount of) experience is, if they're taking the time to respond, you're still in the running. I interviewed for an SRO position with Exelon at the beginning of March and found out last week (they had finally made their decisions) that almost the entire class had been filled with internal candidates. I was contacting my HR rep every couple weeks, which she was ok with, to keep up to date on the progress. I'd say keep checking back about the status. Try giving them a call and leave a message, otherwise I don't know why you haven't gotten a response.

Offline lethalblade

• Lurker
« Reply #3 on: Jun 10, 2014, 10:54 »
I think will try to get in touch with them again and inquire about the new job and see what they have to say.

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #4 on: Jun 10, 2014, 08:35 »
"HR rep?" What's that? I never left an interview without the hiring managers contact info, and that's who I contacted every few days when it was a job that I was interested in. It's your career, don't leave it in the hands of someone called "HR rep." Go after it.

Justin
« Last Edit: Jun 10, 2014, 09:13 by Higgs »
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #5 on: Jun 10, 2014, 11:19 »
I've probably got the title wrong, but I had the contact info for the area HR vice the site/unit HR.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?