Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Dennis J. Stein

Author Topic: Dennis J. Stein  (Read 8597 times)

Offline twinkletoni

• Light User
Dennis J. Stein
« on: Jun 17, 2014, 06:01 »
Dennis J. Stein, 60, of Derry, died Sunday, June 8, 2014. http://obituaries.triblive.com/listing/241134/Dennis-J-Stein/

stownsend

Re: Dennis J. Stein
« Reply #1 on: Jun 19, 2014, 11:09 »
It's been close to 30 years since we played golf and worked together. Rest in peace Dennis.

Offline Jack U. Loyd

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Jun 19, 2014, 01:30 »
RIP Buddy!    Super nice guy!

BPotts

« Reply #3 on: Jun 20, 2014, 01:00 »
Dennis was a very nice man and a fine technician.  Dennis will be missed.

Offline cjhunter

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #4 on: Jun 20, 2014, 12:52 »
Dennis....you will be so missed....You always had a smile on your face...May you be dancing on the clouds.... RIP      O:)

Wlrun3

« Reply #5 on: Jun 21, 2014, 09:59 »
First worked with Dennis at Beaver Valley many years ago.
He had a heart of gold and a wonderful smile and I felt great working with him.
I will miss him alot.
My sincerest best wishes to his family and the many who cared about him.

« Last Edit: Jun 22, 2014, 01:41 by Wlrun3 »

nukewood

« Reply #6 on: Jun 25, 2014, 08:13 »
I have positive memories of a smiling cheerful Dennis.

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
« Reply #7 on: Jul 02, 2014, 09:29 »
I first met Denny at the Peach in the 70s. I always enjoyed being on site with him, that great smile was just the opening of a great personality and a great guy. Last time we crossed paths was at Waltz Mill in the early days of this millennium. So sad to realize we'll not work together again. RIP Denny, RIP.
A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

Bearspencer

« Reply #8 on: Jul 06, 2014, 09:11 »

As long as Ed Surmacz, Jerry Stenclik and I have known Stiney, he’s one of the few that everyone called a “good guy”.  I first met him through Eddie and Jerry as part of the Peach Bottom crew that annually “Myrtled” together and so stayed together.

I never worked with him in the field, but soon discovered his knowledge of tech craft was encyclopedic.  And he shared it with anyone who whoever was willing to listen; including a brand new GET instructor.  He was never condescending and was often the first (and only) to lend a hand when it was needed. 

His sense of humor encompassed his inevitable comparison to “Howdy Doodie”; both had ginger hair, round faces and perpetual "goofy"grins.  But the puppet’s smile was painted on; Stiney’s came from his heart. 

That's why it was always good when you saw Dennis coming.  He had a way of making everyone feel as if they were a good guy too.

Add the three of us to the list of those who miss him already.

Offline dhk

• Light User
« Reply #9 on: Jul 07, 2014, 06:55 »
I worked with Dennis many times and always found him to be a great co-worker.  Very knowledgeable, a great conversationalist and all around good guy.  We, the Nuke world, lost a great one.  RIP Dennis.

Offline 1hotlovingman

• Very Lite User
« Reply #10 on: Nov 08, 2016, 04:23 »
I don't think I knew when I first saw his name, that this was my good friend Stiney that I worked with for many years in PA.  He as WAY to young to go.  It's sad to know that I won't get to see him in the future.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?