Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu George Baskette honeypot

Author Topic: George Baskette  (Read 6427 times)

Offline housedude

• Light User
George Baskette
« on: Apr 17, 2014, 09:30 »
It is with great sadness to say George Baskette has left us. I met George years ago at CFCC and worked with him on the road in a few different states and flew kites with him here in CT and RI. Those who knew George know he was one of a kind. Being a great HP was, in my opinion, such a small part of who this man was. Keep on flying my friend!
http://www.sailingscuttlebutt.com/2014/04/13/eight-bells-george-baskette/
A man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, gi

Offline Wojo

• Gold Member
Re: George Baskette
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17, 2014, 09:42 »
First worked with George in 1984.  He was my supervisor at Pilgrim.  Rest in peace buddy.

Lost my boots in transit, pile of smokin leather, nailed the retreads to my feet and prayed for better weather - J Garcia

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #2 on: Apr 17, 2014, 10:56 »
Knew George for years.  Many an evening George out on a kite show in Anondale while we were working Palo Verde.  RIP George.
LM

Offline jjack50

• Heavy User
  • Now, LEARN DAMIT!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 17, 2014, 04:50 »
I worked with George at Trojan and think I still have an Iguana Burrito scrub top I bought from him. He was quite an interesting man, fun to be around.

George, you will be missed...

Offline Pete McAllister

• Light User
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 09:19 »
May he rest in peace, he was a good person, and will be missed.

Offline incrediblehulk

• Moderate User
  • Dum vivimus, vivamus!!
« Reply #5 on: Jul 21, 2014, 03:27 »
Met George at Point Beach in '79 where he turned all the fire hose reels into roulette wheels one night. Flew kites with him at Pilgrim. He was a charactor but a great guy and a good, loyal friend, RIP
Life is short. That is all there is to say. Get what you can from the present - thoughtfully, justly.
                               - Marcus Aurelius

Liberty is never unalienable. It must be redeemed regularly with the blood of patriots or it always vanishes.
                          -R.A. Heinlein

Offline dbmac1380

• Lurker
« Reply #6 on: Jul 21, 2014, 06:53 »
Worked and roomed with George on his first job @ Zion in '79. He was my shift partner @ Pilgrim in '87. Worked out in my basement in Centerville,Mass. with George,  Knight Smith, and Ron Ayers. Good times! Can't believe he's gone. He was one of a kind! Funny guy, good friend, great coworker! I'll miss you buddy!
« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2014, 07:11 by dbmac1380 »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?