Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nuclear Security Officer Qualifications

Author Topic: Nuclear Security Officer Qualifications  (Read 5670 times)

fshsunlimit21

Nuclear Security Officer Qualifications
« on: Jul 09, 2014, 11:27 »
Hi,
I'll try to keep it short. I'm a security officer here in Los Angeles, CA. I've been involved in the security field for over 7 yrs now.  And I've also been involved in Executive Protection, but I have no prior military experience.
Questions:
1- What are the standard qualifications for a Security Officer to be able to work in a plant?
2- What are the minimum certifications, or all the necessary certifications I would need in order to obtain a position?
3-Where can I retrieve a list of companies that are hiring, or that hire specifically security personnel for nuclear plants?
4- What written test, and or physical tests, or any other tests if any that I can look forward to? And where would I be able to find the study materials?
5- Do I have to have prior military experience, or prior law enforcement experience?
6- What is the usual starting rate for a security officer at the facilities?
Thank you!
Ben 

Offline blackb3lt

• Light User
Re: Nuclear Security Officer Qualifications
« Reply #1 on: Aug 16, 2014, 05:20 »
Hi,
I'll try to keep it short. I'm a security officer here in Los Angeles, CA. I've been involved in the security field for over 7 yrs now.  And I've also been involved in Executive Protection, but I have no prior military experience.
Questions:
1- What are the standard qualifications for a Security Officer to be able to work in a plant?
2- What are the minimum certifications, or all the necessary certifications I would need in order to obtain a position?
3-Where can I retrieve a list of companies that are hiring, or that hire specifically security personnel for nuclear plants?
4- What written test, and or physical tests, or any other tests if any that I can look forward to? And where would I be able to find the study materials?
5- Do I have to have prior military experience, or prior law enforcement experience?
6- What is the usual starting rate for a security officer at the facilities?
Thank you!
Ben 

1.Background check,
 psychological evaluation
 credit check
 finger prints

2.None required. Any safety training or weapons handling certs would help

3.This site is a good resource along with other job search sites.  Try getting in touch with the union.

4.There is only a basic reading and math test to get into security.

5.No but it helps.  At least half of the guards are non-military

6.Pay varies in security depending on where you are.  $20-$30 an hour is the range. 

You're welcome!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?