Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NUF Cram Notes honeypot

Author Topic: NUF Cram Notes  (Read 10173 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
NUF Cram Notes
« on: Jul 30, 2014, 08:49 »
The New NUF Cram Notes is finally available:

NUF Cram Notes Kindle Edition
NUF Cram Notes Print Edition <- Rennhack's Favorite

It's about 3x the size of the original.  I highly recommend it.  It is more detailed than the original.  This version is aimed at the less experienced NUF test taker than the original "RP Cram Notes".

« Last Edit: Sep 15, 2017, 04:42 by Rennhack »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: NUF Cram Notes
« Reply #1 on: Jul 30, 2014, 01:16 »
If you buy a copy, don't forget to write a review on Amazon.

Wlrun3

« Reply #2 on: Jul 30, 2014, 06:00 »
The culmination of decades of persistent hard work. This book changes everything in the commercial nuclear power radiation protection training field. It's relevance, attention to detail, timeliness, accuracy, illustration, structure, clarity and overall inclusion of all topics of importance in this field, in the language of those that it serves, makes this the long awaited new arrival among the few foundational books in this field.
« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2014, 09:43 by Wlrun3 »

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #3 on: Jul 30, 2014, 09:02 »
The culmination of decades of persistent hard work. This book changes everything in the commercial nuclear power radiation protection training field. It's relevance, attention to detail, timeliness, accuracy, illustration, structure, clarity and overall inclusion of all topics of importance in this field, in the language of those that it serves, makes this the long awaited new arrival among the few foundational books in this field.

Damn, man... pretty words. That belongs in the liner notes of the next edition.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #4 on: Jul 30, 2014, 09:39 »
The culmination of decades of persistent hard work. This book changes everything in the commercial nuclear power radiation protection training field. It's relevance, attention to detail, timeliness, accuracy, illustration, structure, clarity and overall inclusion of all topics of importance, in the language of those that it serves, makes this the long awaited new arrival among the few foundational books in this field.

Mike is this good enough for a Gold Membership  ;)

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #5 on: Jul 31, 2014, 06:47 »
sum buddy gotta axe this.... watts the difference between this and the r.p.cram notes, witch aye bought, used successfully, and use for quick phone reference?
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #6 on: Jul 31, 2014, 07:21 »
Thanks for asking,

RP Cram Notes: 44 pages (paperback)  45 pages (kindle)
NUF Cram Notes: 116 pages (paperback) 250 pages (kindle)

RP cram notes covers 96% of the testable material, NUF covers 100%.

RP Cram notes does not mention "canned detectors", or F-18.  NUF does.

RP cram notes is aimed at the guys that have taken the test countless times over the last 30 years, and is intended to be as little as possible.  NUF cram notes expands on some sections that people had difficulty with, like the math.

NUF cram notes lists the 50 objectives the test covers, then the critical info for that objective.  The RP cram  notes just has the critical into, without listing the objectives.

NUF Cram Notes has more pictures!

NUF Cram Notes has some info about ANSI standards (18.1/3.1), acceptable experience, resume tips, history of NUF, etc.

NUF cram notes also has a section on meter reading!

The Kindle version also has ~ 135 additional pages of glossary of nuclear terms.  I tried to put that in the print version also, but it doubled the price.

The NUF Cram notes is the RP cram notes on steroids, in development for 30 months based on customer feedback on the original.

« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2014, 07:23 by Rennhack »

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #7 on: Jul 31, 2014, 07:56 »
oar yew could've said 3x info @ 3x price fore them with 1/3 experience.  O:)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #8 on: Jul 31, 2014, 08:33 »
oar yew could've said 3x info @ 3x price fore them with 1/3 experience.  O:)

Sounds good.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #9 on: Jul 31, 2014, 08:34 »
What do you think of the new cover vs the old cover?

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #10 on: Jul 31, 2014, 01:14 »
looks like dr. dan's basic rad pro book.
« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2014, 01:15 by SloGlo »

Wlrun3

« Reply #11 on: Aug 01, 2014, 12:23 »
Given the recent publishing of the book "NUF Cram Notes", an invaluable addition to the Radiation Protection Library, the establishment of the website "Nukeworker.com", the premier internet resource for Radiation Protection Study, decades of selfless contribution to the Radiation Protection Community and the facilitation of the employment of thousands of Radiation Protection Technologists, I respectfully submit for your consideration the nomination of Michael D. Rennhack for the Charles D. (Bama) McKnight Memorial Award, presented by the National Registry of Radiation Protection Technologists to persons who have given outstanding efforts in the Radiation Protection Training Field leading to increased knowledge and professionalism among Radiation Protection Technologists.

William Runge, RRPT

Submitted to NRRPT@NRRPT.ORG on August 31, 2014

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #12 on: Aug 01, 2014, 11:36 »
Given the recent publishing of the book "NUF Cram Notes", an invaluable addition to the Radiation Protection Library, the establishment of the website "Nukeworker.com", the premier internet resource for Radiation Protection Study, decades of selfless contribution to the Radiation Protection Community and the facilitation of the employment of thousands of Radiation Protection Technologists, I respectfully submit for your consideration the nomination of Michael D. Rennhack for the Charles D. (Bama) McKnight Memorial Award, presented by the National Registry of Radiation Protection Technologists to persons who have given outstanding efforts in the Radiation Protection Training Field leading to increased knowledge and professionalism among Radiation Protection Technologists.

William Runge, RRPT

Thank you.  I am honored that you would consider me.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #13 on: Aug 01, 2014, 02:02 »

this is a grate honor! congratulations!

dun with time travel two!
« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2014, 02:05 by SloGlo »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #14 on: Aug 07, 2014, 11:23 »
I'm getting excited, my first delivery of the paper back is scheduled for tomorrow.  It will be the first time I get my hands on the paperback.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?