Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Bama McKnight Award
honeypot

Author Topic: Bama McKnight Award  (Read 12925 times)

Wlrun3

Bama McKnight Award
« on: Jul 31, 2014, 02:25 »
Given the recent publishing of the book "NUF Cram Notes", an invaluable addition to the Radiation Protection Library, the establishment of the website "Nukeworker.com", the premier internet resource for Radiation Protection Study, decades of selfless contribution to the Radiation Protection Community and the facilitation of the employment of thousands of Radiation Protection Technologists, I respectfully submit for your consideration the nomination of Michael D. Rennhack for the Charles D. (Bama) McKnight Memorial Award, presented by the National Registry of Radiation Protection Technologists to persons who have given outstanding efforts in the Radiation Protection Training Field leading to increased knowledge and professionalism among Radiation Protection Technologists.

William Runge, RRPT

Submitted to NRRPT@NRRPT.ORG on July 31, 2014
« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2014, 12:47 by Wlrun3 »

Chimera

Re: Bama McKnight Award
« Reply #1 on: Jul 31, 2014, 04:32 »
Outstanding, Bill.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #2 on: Aug 01, 2014, 02:06 »
this is a grate honor! congratulations!

dun with time travel two!
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Wlrun3

« Reply #3 on: Aug 02, 2014, 08:58 »
CHARLES D. (BAMA) McKNIGHT MEMORIAL AWARD
Awarded by the NRRPT Board of Directors to persons who have given outstanding efforts in the radiation protection training field leading to increased knowledge and professionalism among Radiation Protection Technologists.

Mack Grove, 2005
Milt Shaw, 2008
Mike Davidson, 2010
Dan Gollnick, 2011
« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2014, 08:59 by Wlrun3 »

Wlrun3

« Reply #4 on: Aug 02, 2014, 09:10 »
Seconding nominations, for those who consider the contributions made by Mike Rennhack to warrant the Bama McKnight Award, should be addressed to NRRPT@NRRPT.ORG.
I am assuming that many in the Nukeworker community feel as I do in this matter and welcome this opportunity.
« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2014, 09:24 by Wlrun3 »

Chimera

« Reply #5 on: Aug 02, 2014, 10:54 »
Your nomination has been seconded.

Wlrun3

« Reply #6 on: Aug 02, 2014, 02:08 »
Over the years, on this forum, I have had the privilege to interact with many whose endorsement of this nomination would, given the significance of their reputations in our industry, carry great weight with the Board of Directors of the Registry.

Thank you, Chimera, for being the first of, hopefully, many to recognize the contribution Mike Rennhack has made to his community and to the discipline of Radiation Protection.

« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2014, 02:43 by Wlrun3 »

Offline G-reg

• Heavy User
  • C'mere and chum some of this...
« Reply #7 on: Aug 03, 2014, 11:11 »
Wholeheartedly endorsed by this gentleman, and an email has been sent to NRRPT saying so.  Mike has done outstanding and tireless work, and this website and this forum are truly outstanding.  Countless individuals and sites and organizations have been helped and supported here, across the RP field and the nuclear industry in general, and I can think of no one more deserving of the recognition.
"But that's just my opinion - I could be wrong."
  -  Dennis Miller

Wlrun3

« Reply #8 on: Aug 05, 2014, 12:43 »

Dr. Gollnick,
   The dedication of your foundational text, Basic Radiation Protection Technology, to Don Marshall, the founding Chairman of the Board of Directors of the National Registry of Radiation Protection Technologists, mentions that without his encouragement your book, that has meant so much to so many, would have remained just another unfulfilled good idea.
   Being familiar with Mike Rennhack's work, I am hopeful that you would agree that his nomination for the Charles D. (Bama) McKnight Memorial Award is not without merit.
   Any assistance you can offer in this regard would be of great value in preventing this endeavor from becoming just another unfulfilled good idea.

"Given the recent publishing of the book "NUF Cram Notes", an invaluable addition to the Radiation Protection Library, the establishment of the website "Nukeworker.com", the premier internet resource for Radiation Protection Study, decades of selfless contribution to the Radiation Protection Community and the facilitation of the employment of thousands of Radiation Protection Technologists, I respectfully submit for your consideration the nomination of Michael D. Rennhack for the Charles D. (Bama) McKnight Memorial Award, presented by the National Registry of Radiation Protection Technologists to persons who have given outstanding efforts in the Radiation Protection Training Field leading to increased knowledge and professionalism among Radiation Protection Technologists.

William Runge, RRPT
Submitted to NRRPT@NRRPT.ORG on July 31, 2014"

Sent via email, August 5, 2014

Removed personal contact information

« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2014, 01:05 by Wlrun3 »

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
« Reply #9 on: Aug 06, 2014, 01:28 »
I have sent in my "second"

Thanks for getting this started Bill
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

Wlrun3

« Reply #10 on: Aug 06, 2014, 01:59 »

"You will never find happiness unless you find a way to contribute."

Albert Schweitzer
Gabon, West Africa, 1914

I think Mike instinctively knew this all along. Through his efforts, whether knowingly or not, he has consistently reminded us of the relevance, frustrating at times to say the least, of this principle and it's application in our community.

« Last Edit: Aug 07, 2014, 02:07 by Wlrun3 »

Wlrun3

« Reply #11 on: Aug 07, 2014, 02:08 »

"All NRRPT newsletters, with the exception of the last two, are available to the public."

On the home page of the National Registry of Radiation Protection Technologists website,

http://www.nrrpt.org

And accessed by

"Newsletter Link
The Winter 2014 edition (and all previous newsletters) of the NRRPT News can be viewed by clicking here."

These newsletters, like the icon beneath each Nukeworker forum participant's profile,

"Show the last posts of this person."

accessed by clicking on the user name in the upper left-hand corner of each forum participant's post,

and the search function of Nukeworker.com site,

are powerful and timely resources of direct relevance to the field of applied radiation protection.

« Last Edit: Aug 07, 2014, 02:19 by Wlrun3 »

Wlrun3

« Reply #12 on: Aug 07, 2014, 09:40 »

The only newsletters not available to the public are the two most recent, Fall of 2013 and Winter of 2014.

The Fall 2013 newsletter contains an article describing Dr. Gollnick's acceptance of the Bama McKnight award at his home in Southern California and an article written by Dr. Gollnick describing his career, the evolution of his textbook and his long relationship with the Registry.

I was always amazed that the registry could function as well as it has. I believe most at the registry, if not all, are volunteers.

It is to Bartlett's great credit that they have remained, and are now the only, gold corporate sponsor.

My post was an attempt to allow those not familiar with the newsletters to be aware of their existence.

« Last Edit: Aug 07, 2014, 10:36 by Wlrun3 »

Wlrun3

« Reply #13 on: Aug 17, 2014, 07:58 »
"Thanks, Mike....  We are trying to get vision of what RPMs want this test to be. But your study guide has been big help for lots of folk."

grantime
Plant Health Physicist CHP, NRRPT

This post is an attempt to keep this thread alive and prevent this from becoming "just another unrealized good idea."

« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2014, 07:59 by Wlrun3 »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?