Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Psoriasis and Submarines/Is there a possible med disqualification? honeypot

Author Topic: Psoriasis and Submarines/Is there a possible med disqualification?  (Read 2632 times)

Offline jerseyguy9

• Very Lite User
To start, I've been reading these forums for about 3 years now since I got interested in the Navy and the nuke program and I know many of you guys don't appreciate people posting on topics that have previously been covered. If anyone at all has covered this, I apologize.

I'm currently an ET3 in the thick of prototype down in South Carolina, and by all accounts I'm good at my job, I'm 8% ahead of the curve and held a 3.1 in A-school and Power School. Because of doing well at prototype I haven't been in anywhere close to as much stress as I was in at NNPTC. Long story short, a month ago I started developing a rash on both elbows which was localized only there. After sucking it up and putting various topical, over the counter stuff on it it's just gotten worse.  After talking with a friend's mom back home, who's a dermatologist, and doing quite a bit of research online it looks like psoriasis. Went to medical earlier today and got an appt. with a doctor for next week.

What I'm concerned about is that psoriasis, if that IS what I have, is apparently an automatic DQ for even getting in the military. If I am diagnosed with it, would I just be given meds and sent on my way (which is what I desperately want)? Or would I be subjected to losing my sub vol status or even discharged? I know it might sound like I'm overreacting, but I'm just curious as to whether anyone here would have knowledge or experience on this. Thanks

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
It is a sub disqualifying condition.
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?