Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Automotive technician considered commercial?
honeypot

Author Topic: Automotive technician considered commercial?  (Read 3508 times)

Offline Soccerstyle72

• Lurker
Automotive technician considered commercial?
« on: Aug 18, 2014, 10:54 »
I am currently employed at a nuke plant as an industrial clean but I am currently seeking a career change and I am trying to bid into a position that requires 3 years of industrial/commercial experience. I have done a fair amount of searching but so far I am unable to find anything that distinguishes what my automotive technician experience is considered. I believe it to be considered commercial but I would greatly appreciate anyone that could help me to properly determine this so I can pass the information on to my chief steward. Thanks

Offline ddickey

• Moderate User
Re: Automotive technician considered commercial?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 19, 2014, 06:13 »
I'd consider repairing autos for profit engaged in commerce.

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #2 on: Aug 19, 2014, 09:30 »
I am currently employed at a nuke plant as an industrial clean but I am currently seeking a career change and I am trying to bid into a position that requires 3 years of industrial/commercial experience. I have done a fair amount of searching but so far I am unable to find anything that distinguishes what my automotive technician experience is considered. I believe it to be considered commercial but I would greatly appreciate anyone that could help me to properly determine this so I can pass the information on to my chief steward. Thanks

Assuming that you are trying to bid on a maintenance position (mechanical/electrical), your automotive experience may be considered. However, I believe that the commercial experience they speak of is related to performing maintenance and/or mods on commercial buildings such as hospitals, universities, large stadiums, factories, etc. Buildings with large mechanical needs i.e. boilers, chillers, heat exchangers, pump rooms and the like.

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
« Reply #3 on: Aug 19, 2014, 11:10 »
Generaly the "commercial" term in the nuke world refers to commercial nuclear plants. i.e. DOE vs. Commercial.

If you are working at a plant now, then you are working commercial.
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?