Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Where to go after NORM decon? honeypot

Author Topic: Where to go after NORM decon?  (Read 4548 times)

Offline Jokenessmonster

• Very Lite User
Where to go after NORM decon?
« on: Aug 28, 2014, 05:30 »
I'm currently the "RSO" for an environmental company doing NORM decon work in North Dakota (I put RSO in quotations because my only training in radiation is the 40 hour Radiation Safety Officer Course at ORAU). I want to further my education and move on but I'm not sure what the next step is from here or if it's even worth spending time and money doing so.  I went to prison from 1997-2000 and can't get any kind of clearance whatsoever so I know my career path is limited.  Any ideas, suggestions, or words of wisdom?

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Where to go after NORM decon?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29, 2014, 01:03 »
I have no advice for you on RP training. However, do not count yourself out on being able to get clearance, at least at a commercial nuke plant. Your prison time is a big hurdle but not insurmountable. It has been 14 years, if you have turned your life around you still have a shot.

Wlrun3

« Reply #2 on: Sep 01, 2014, 02:43 »

Welcome to the National Energy Center of Excellence (NECE) located at Bismarck State College in Bismarck North Dakota! The NECE is home to many nationally-recognized energy industry degree and training programs.

Enrollments in the NECE program make up one-fourth of the Bismarck State College campus student body. Students have the opportunity to complete programs on-campus or online.

On-campus degree students use our world-class, one-of-a-kind lab equipment designed to prepare the next generation of energy industry employees.

Online degree students enjoy the flexibility of completing courses or a degree program built for those who cannot attend on-campus courses. The online courses offer simulations, animations, discussions and real-time lab sessions operating real equipment to offer the participant the same hands-on experience as the on-campus students.

http://energy.bismarckstate.edu

Offline desertechn

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: Sep 05, 2014, 01:03 »
I'm working with an individual who overcame your predicament and has been gainfully employed in the comercial nuclear industry for 4-5 years and counting

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?