Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Navy NEC removal/Bonus Recoupment.

Author Topic: Navy NEC removal/Bonus Recoupment.  (Read 4816 times)

Offline mesc

• Lurker
Navy NEC removal/Bonus Recoupment.
« on: Aug 29, 2014, 03:17 »
I am an EM2(sw) that was recently denuked for Anxiety/Panic Attacks.  No one I seem to talk to has any real knowledge on what happens to my STAR Bonus.  I got 62k Taxed and have served 5 yrs 11 months. LD qualified and MP sailor with no bad administrative things.  My contract is up FEB2017 but since I cant do the Nuke field in the Navy Im freaking out because there is really nothing else I want to do.  Id rather just get out and work/college.  Any advice on figuring out if they will recoup my bonus and how much?  Also am I still eligable for civilian jobs?
Thank you
VR
EM2

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
Re: Navy NEC removal/Bonus Recoupment.
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29, 2014, 09:41 »
Medical disqualifying means no recoupment.

Cheers,
GC
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

rusty7783

As far as the civilian world
« Reply #2 on: Oct 31, 2014, 12:57 »

I am not an expert but google HIPA.

Should help you out. And as long as you get an honorable discharge, which you should, there won't be any problems outside of the navy.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: As far as the civilian world
« Reply #3 on: Oct 31, 2014, 08:02 »
I am not an expert but google HIPA.

Should help you out. And as long as you get an honorable discharge, which you should, there won't be any problems outside of the navy.

Uh....there is a fairly good chance that certain employers will perform physical/psych exams for 'bona fide condition of employment' during the hiring process. Not all job fields will be accessible post-Navy.

That said, the OP (and others in a similar situation) may want to get a cardiac stress test for the various forms of atrial fibrillation. It is a very real and life-threatening disorder, complete with racing heart, sense of doom, etc. It doesn't just happen to oldsters in TV pharmaceutical ads, it can crop up at any age.

Good luck!

Offline jasonwilliams.navynuke

• Lurker
Re: Navy NEC removal/Bonus Recoupment.
« Reply #4 on: Oct 31, 2014, 05:39 »
you shouldn't have to worry about recoupment since it is medical. but if you do want more info pm me.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?