Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NJP Tomorrow. Several Questions honeypot

Author Topic: NJP Tomorrow. Several Questions  (Read 20828 times)

Offline jerseyguy9

• Very Lite User
NJP Tomorrow. Several Questions
« on: Sep 16, 2014, 07:02 »
Long story short I'm at NPTU and I'm going to mast tomorrow for cheating on a computer aided checkout by bringing in a crib sheet.  A fellow student saw me, confronted me, and I turned myself in.  I'd done it twice previously and told them. Was a decent student and no previous disciplinary issues beforehand.  I don't need people telling me what a piece of s**t I am, I know that. However, I have several questions I think seasoned guys could answer.

JAG reccommeded to the CO that I stay in the program, lose my crow and half months pay for two months.  Is this something the CO would consider?  If I were to be kicked out of the program, I am a sub vol.  Would they still take my sub vol status into consideration while rerating me? I have been told by legal and others the chances of me being separated from the Navy are slim.

Thank you
« Last Edit: Sep 16, 2014, 09:46 by Nuclear NASCAR »

Offline jerseyguy9

• Very Lite User
Re: NJP Tomorrow. Several Questions
« Reply #1 on: Sep 16, 2014, 07:04 »
If it means anything I've told them I desperately want to stay in the program.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #2 on: Sep 16, 2014, 07:18 »
considering the rash of systemic cheating cabals in the NNPP lately  you're probably a dead man at mast,....

and you pert much deserve that,...

then again, if you finish out your obligated service without further breaches of trust and integrity you can still finish with an honourable discharge, your GI benefits, and move on with living,...

the NNPP is a way to make a living,...

it's not the only way to make a living,....

NJP is essentially a traffic ticket outside of the USN,...

live and learn or fail and burn,...

your choice,....

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline spekkio

• Very Heavy User
Re:
« Reply #3 on: Sep 16, 2014, 08:22 »
Your CO will review the facts of the case and make whatever judgment he finds appropriate. A lawyer's recommendation doesn't really mean a whole lot. What means a whole lot is if you genuinely own up to your poor judgment and express a genuine desire to complete the program. Do NOT call it a mistake, you willingly chose to bring that crib sheet to the checkout when you knew it was wrong.

But don't be surprised if you end up in A gang or as a nav et.

DSO

« Reply #4 on: Sep 18, 2014, 11:32 »
Long story short I'm at NPTU and I'm going to mast tomorrow for cheating on a computer aided checkout by bringing in a crib sheet.  A fellow student saw me, confronted me, and I turned myself in.  I'd done it twice previously and told them. Was a decent student and no previous disciplinary issues beforehand.  I don't need people telling me what a piece of s**t I am, I know that. However, I have several questions I think seasoned guys could answer.

JAG reccommeded to the CO that I stay in the program, lose my crow and half months pay for two months.  Is this something the CO would consider?  If I were to be kicked out of the program, I am a sub vol.  Would they still take my sub vol status into consideration while rerating me? I have been told by legal and others the chances of me being separated from the Navy are slim.

Thank you
You were wrong cheating but the sailor that tattled on you wasn't being hurt, but probably thinks he was making points by acting like a little girl. I predict hell be a 6 1/2 year Chief with that hard charging attitude :D :D

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #5 on: Sep 19, 2014, 06:49 »
.....I predict hell be a 6 1/2 year Chief with that hard charging attitude....

is that possible?

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #6 on: Sep 19, 2014, 07:57 »
You were wrong cheating but the sailor that tattled on you wasn't being hurt, but probably thinks he was making points by acting like a little girl. I predict hell be a 6 1/2 year Chief with that hard charging attitude :D :D

Really!?!!?   >:(

Did you ever hear of integrity?  

Your statement epitomizes everything that is wrong with today's society.  His cheating on a computer aided checkout is wrong, and it does hurt people.

This guy with his lack of integrity would be the same guy who would radio logs and mark of PMS without doing it in the future.  

I applaud the sailor who confronted him and hope that he is a 6 1/2 year chief.  We need people who won't turn a blind eye to deficiencies and will hold people accountable to the standards in the CPO mess!

Cheers,

GC
« Last Edit: Sep 19, 2014, 10:26 by Gamecock »
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #7 on: Sep 19, 2014, 09:50 »

Really!?!!?   >:(

Your statement epitomizes everything that is wrong with today's society.  His cheating on a computer aided checkout is wrong, and it does hurt people.

This guy with his lack of integrity would be the same guy who would radio logs and mark of PMS without doing it in the future.   

I applaud the sailor who turned him in, and hope that he is a 6 1/2 year chief.  We need people who won't turn a blind eye to deficiencies and will hold people accountable to the standards in the CPO mess!

Cheers,

GC

as I read it,...

the sailor "acting like a little girl" only confronted the OP,...

the OP turned himself in,...

mayhaps the best way for these things to play out as I see it,...

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #8 on: Sep 19, 2014, 10:29 »

Agree

Offline a|F

• Moderate User
« Reply #9 on: Sep 19, 2014, 01:53 »

Coming from a 20 year first class?   ::)

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #10 on: Sep 19, 2014, 02:54 »

likelihood very high if cheating once can get you by,...

Agree

well, after mast, perhaps those radio'd logs and PMs will not happen in the fleet,...

live and learn or fail and burn,...

your choice,....
« Last Edit: Sep 19, 2014, 03:07 by GLW »

Offline spekkio

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #11 on: Sep 21, 2014, 01:32 »
Uh huh. Are you AD? Because when you at a minimum are doing extra 'pushups' for BAMing ORSE and at worst are in a casualty where you can't trust the guy to your left or right because he doesn't actually know anything and blazed his way through the qualification process, you wouldn't be calling him a little girl.

Everytime a Sailor cheats he is putting his shipmates' lives at risk.

HeavyD

« Reply #12 on: Sep 22, 2014, 07:45 »
You were wrong cheating but the sailor that tattled on you wasn't being hurt, but probably thinks he was making points by acting like a little girl. I predict hell be a 6 1/2 year Chief with that hard charging attitude

This has to be one of the most asinine and irresponsible statements I've seen on here coming from a member of the nuclear community.

Statements like this give credence to everything that the anti-nuclear movement says about the industry.

Congratulations on helping undermine us all.  >:( >:(

Chimera

« Reply #13 on: Sep 22, 2014, 11:28 »
Uh huh. Are you AD? Because when you at a minimum are doing extra 'pushups' for BAMing ORSE and at worst are in a casualty where you can't trust the guy to your left or right because he doesn't actually know anything and blazed his way through the qualification process, you wouldn't be calling him a little girl.

Everytime a Sailor cheats he is putting his shipmates' lives at risk.

And, I would add, every Sailor who condones cheating - even if only by his silence when witnessing it - is also putting his shipmates' lives at risk.

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
« Reply #14 on: Sep 22, 2014, 04:13 »
So, this is the 22nd. How to you fair at Captain's Mast?

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #15 on: Sep 22, 2014, 06:09 »
So, this is the 22nd. How to you fair at Captain's Mast?

OP has not returned since the 16th,...

hard to fault  'im on that score,...

bystander

« Reply #16 on: Sep 22, 2014, 09:50 »
OP has not returned since the 16th,...

hard to fault  'im on that score,...

Used to come here for the comments, things have been a lot less interesting since Broadzilla was put on probation.  [pillow]

DSO

« Reply #17 on: Sep 22, 2014, 11:54 »
Really!?!!?   >:(

Your statement epitomizes everything that is wrong with today's society.  His cheating on a computer aided checkout is wrong, and it does hurt people.

I applaud the sailor who confronted him and hope that he is a 6 1/2 year chief.  We need people who won't turn a blind eye to deficiencies and will hold people accountable to the standards in the CPO mess!

Cheers,

GC

Gamecock--you're just the type of sailor that would gladly stab someone in the back or make himself look good at the expense of others. They bred that in Nukes in boot camp BTW.. All about smarts and obedience but coerced everyone to turn each other in for anything. The sailor could have told his friend he better knock it off after the fact as this didn't hurt anyone other than short-circuiting his own knowledge. Didn't your momma ever tell you only tattle when someone is being hurt or in danger. I'm sure you were a self-righteous "all about your career" sailor when you were in and probably a Chief when you were in. How about a little comradereship and hold each other accountable. You would have never lasted on the battle field because they would have shot you for your petty self serving attitude. Standards of the Chiefs Mess? Yea it was a mess alright --about 90 % "yes men" and a bunch of overweight Friday night pizza eaters. I did 20 and know your type exactly. "YOU'RE" whats wrong with todays society....do you turn in speeders and Jay walkers in your neighborhood also....give me a break..lol

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #18 on: Sep 23, 2014, 07:35 »
..........The sailor could have told his friend he better knock it off after the fact as this didn't hurt anyone other than short-circuiting his own knowledge. Didn't your momma ever tell you only tattle when someone is being hurt or in danger.....

long rant,...

attention to detail,...

the OP was confronted by the "other guy",...

the OP turned himself in,...

all the other allusions and dispersions of said rant are likewise asshat based assumptions,...

....A fellow student saw me, confronted me, and I turned myself in.  I'd done it twice previously and told them.....

as the OP is comin 'round no more, might be time for a thread lock,...

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #19 on: Sep 23, 2014, 11:36 »
And it looks like Elvis has also left the building.... 8)

DSO

a new status as "Guest" may be the equivalent of:

Oh Yeah?  ...  stomp  .... stomp  ... stomp ...... SLAM!

:o
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline Nuke Jayhawk Mom

• Light User
  • Living, loving, seeing, reading & doing.
« Reply #20 on: Apr 27, 2015, 08:06 »
As a little girl who always tattles.... I must speak up...
I know these are old posts but I have to say that every Sailor is mandated to follow the Sailor's Creed.

Let me remind you what it states:

--I have chosen to serve in the United States Navy. America depends on my performance for her survival, and I accept the challenge to set my standards high, placing my country's well-being above self-interest.
--I will be loyal to my country, its Constitution and laws, and to my shipmates.
--I will be honest in my personal and professional life and encourage my shipmates to do the same.
--I will, to the best of my ability, do the right thing for its own sake, and I am prepared to face pain or death in defense of my country.
--I will be a professional, wearing my uniform with pride and accepting responsibility for my actions.
--I will set excellence as my standard and always strive for ways to make me a better sailor and my crew a better crew.

So, the only possible ethical conflict with reporting the Sailor for cheating, is where the creed mandates loyalty to shipmates. However, loyalty to country, its Constitution and laws comes first... therefore, no ethical conflict. A Sailor's integrity is not intact if he/she witnesses something wrong and does nothing to correct it or stop it.

Would you really want someone next to you, to rely on, in the event of disaster or life/death situation, who was known to have cheated on an exam? Is that really the kind of person you want to trust your life with? People can change, thank goodness, so hopefully this Sailor will learn from the poor choice he made, and go on to live an honest, clean life... but he shouldn't be doing it as a Nuke... not after this incredible breech in integrity.
Mom to Nuke, Mom to Jayhawk, Wound/Ostomy Care RN at the VA Hospital

Chimera

« Reply #21 on: Apr 27, 2015, 08:17 »
Navy.mil Home Page

The Sailor's Creed
I am a United States Sailor.
 I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America and I will obey the orders of those appointed over me.
 I represent the fighting spirit of the Navy and those who have gone before me to defend freedom and democracy around the world.
 I proudly serve my country's Navy combat team with Honor, Courage and Commitment.
 I am committed to excellence and the fair treatment of all.

Reviewed: 12 August 2009

Offline ddickey

• Moderate User
« Reply #22 on: Apr 28, 2015, 06:38 »
Democracy?

Chimera

« Reply #23 on: Apr 28, 2015, 06:45 »
Democracy?

Yeah.  I've noticed a marked failure in our educated elites and bureaucrats to understand that our Founding Fathers detested democracy and to understand what a Constitutional Republic is supposed to be.  Those educated elites and bureaucrats just know so much that isn't so.

I almost prefer what Nuke Jayhawk Mom wrote instead of what I found on the Navy's website.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #24 on: Apr 28, 2015, 09:28 »
Yeah.  I've noticed a marked failure in our educated elites and bureaucrats to understand that our Founding Fathers detested democracy and to understand what a Constitutional Republic is supposed to be.  Those educated elites and bureaucrats just know so much that isn't so.

I almost prefer what Nuke Jayhawk Mom wrote instead of what I found on the Navy's website.

As they say in Denmark, the fish rots from the head first. I blame that short Admiral dude with the mullet... >:(

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?