Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NJP Tomorrow. Several Questions honeypot

Author Topic: NJP Tomorrow. Several Questions  (Read 20826 times)

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Re: NJP Tomorrow. Several Questions
« Reply #25 on: Apr 28, 2015, 11:51 »
As a little.....

The Sailor's Creed

creeds are stupid, let your yes mean yes and your no mean no,...

Yeah.  I've noticed a marked failure in our educated elites and bureaucrats to understand that our Founding Fathers detested democracy and to understand what a Constitutional Republic is supposed to be.  Those educated elites and bureaucrats just know so much that isn't so......

mebbe, then again this is a thread about NJP which has about as much in common with a Constitutional Republic as a roll of Charmin, making all of it off-topic and we pay to play polysci in these parts,...

As they say in Denmark, the fish rots from the head first. I blame that short Admiral dude with the mullet... >:(

and once again we find ourselves here:

BZ's GenOb1:

BZ's general observation on Internet forums/threads etal, By the 5th post in any thread it starts drifting off topic. By 12 to 15 it has nothing to do with the original topic and if it surives to 30 or so it magically gets back on topic. This applies almost everywhere.

Mike

and there you go,... :P ;) :) 8)

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Nuke Jayhawk Mom

• Light User
  • Living, loving, seeing, reading & doing.
« Reply #26 on: Apr 29, 2015, 01:21 »
You are right!!! I posted the original version of the Sailor's Creed, and the current version is a modified version. (I prefer the original as well)

I guess my point is still really, how can you not report a cheater, especially when it is a situation where you would potentially have to rely on that cheater to save your life or the lives of others in our country. Scary!

I am a nurse, and trust me, if I see a nurse cheating, I absolutely report without question. We deal with life and death every day and there is no room for error, or substandard care. I guess I apply those same principles to the nuclear field, and the Navy, and the military in general.

Love that I kicked up the dust on this old posting hahaha. Love this site!!
Mom to Nuke, Mom to Jayhawk, Wound/Ostomy Care RN at the VA Hospital

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #27 on: Apr 29, 2015, 09:46 »
I guess my point is still really, how can you not report a cheater, especially when it is a situation where you would potentially have to rely on that cheater to save your life or the lives of others in our country. Scary!

The pipeline is long and someone who is a habitual cheater probably will not survive if unsafe. Generally we felt that we did not need 95% of the training we got, not true but that was the general feeling as watch standers are required to follow verbatim the procedures for operation and maintenance. I don't know if it is still true today but if we followed a procedure and caused a problem we could still be held accountable because of our training we should have known better.
   Back to the cheating issue in the nuclear Navy there is a term "Nuke it" that means to over think something. Training tends to follow that "Nuke it" philosophy and the continual training becomes a grind and perceived as more of a bureaucratic requirement than a helpful tool. I don't condone cheating but I understand why it happens. Sailors tend to suffer from unsafe shipmates and there is a peer pressure to perform on the job, that and a layered safety philosophy keep the Navy nuclear program the safest in the world.

"The United States has over 200 nuclear reactors producing power. You might be aware of the hundred or so commercial nuclear power reactors that produce just under 20% of our electricity. But there are another hundred nuclear reactors that power 86 submarines and aircraft carriers, producing electricity, heat, fresh water and propulsion.

America’s Nuclear Navy is one of the oldest and largest nuclear organizations in the world and has the best safety record of any industry."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesconca/2014/10/28/americas-navy-the-unsung-heroes-of-nuclear-energy/

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?