Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu brit in canada honeypot

Author Topic: brit in canada  (Read 5543 times)

Offline blank_bandit

• Lurker
brit in canada
« on: Sep 29, 2014, 04:27 »
I'm a HP surveyor from the u.k

I Have been informed of major projects happening at Bruce and Darlington coming up, I may have a chance of being on the plane. but reading forum looks rock hard getting in. I have  criminal records from adolescents but NOT DUI. I have not been in trouble for twenty years and have had U.K SC clearance for 9 years. would these historic charges go against me on a temporary work permit or permanent emigration if I decide to bring my family over. early days yet but planning for the future.  I'm new to the forum but any reply would be much appreciated

P.S any good fishing near these plants hence the name Blank_bandit 

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
Re: brit in canada
« Reply #1 on: Sep 29, 2014, 05:46 »
I'm a HP surveyor from the u.k

I Have been informed of major projects happening at Bruce and Darlington coming up, I may have a chance of being on the plane. but reading forum looks rock hard getting in. I have  criminal records from adolescents but NOT DUI. I have not been in trouble for twenty years and have had U.K SC clearance for 9 years. would these historic charges go against me on a temporary work permit or permanent emigration if I decide to bring my family over. early days yet but planning for the future.  I'm new to the forum but any reply would be much appreciated

P.S any good fishing near these plants hence the name Blank_bandit 

Contact the recruiters for the companies staffing these jobs and have them look at your individual situation.  They'll tell you whether they are willing to jump through the extra hoops that your record will present.  Canada's rules for entry visas (and esp. work visas) ARE very strict, so...

Good luck.   :)
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline triti-yum

• Very Lite User
Re: brit in canada
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2014, 10:48 »
if possible, apply for a pardon. all security clearance for canadian sites goes through CSIS (canada's version of the CIA), so there's no hiding anything. certain charges they don't care about, others they do. they're going to care if they were violent charges.

given the time span you might just be OK. hard to say...since its through CSIS, the nuclear operating companies have very little say in this.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?