Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Edex monitoring  

Author Topic: Edex monitoring  (Read 3310 times)

radbrat

Edex monitoring
« on: Oct 15, 2014, 09:17 »
Who out there is using the Edex monitoring and under what conditions.

Offline ogre77414

• Light User
Re: Edex monitoring
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16, 2014, 12:33 »
My facility started using it about a year and a half ago.  The evolutions I remember us using it are Rx. head O-ring/flange inspections and for Generator jumpers. It seems we'll be using it more and more in the future on jobs where multiple dosimetry packs are used.

Offline ogre77414

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Oct 16, 2014, 12:37 »
I'm sure you have access to or have read it, but here is a link to the NRC doc. on it
http://pbadupws.nrc.gov/docs/ML1006/ML100610534.pdf

radbrat

« Reply #3 on: Oct 16, 2014, 08:23 »
I have read the link..what I'd like to know is....
1) When do you consider using it, anytime multiple dosimetry is used?
2) Is there a specific time element or dose gradients or perhaps an identified dose threshold?
3) Is everybody on board with the concept or are there people that consider it "cheating" or saving reportable dose vs accrued?
4) Tungsten vests?
5) Consideration for litigation?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?