Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu RCT Cram Notes
honeypot

Author Topic: RCT Cram Notes  (Read 30529 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: DOE CORE Cram Notes
« Reply #25 on: Sep 28, 2016, 09:59 »
I have made the cover.  Most of the insides are finished.  I need to add a few more practice calculations, and I want to update a few more images.

« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2016, 10:00 by Rennhack »

RockSalt

Re: RCT Cram Notes
« Reply #26 on: Sep 28, 2016, 10:25 »
Glad to hear of the progress....I will order it when it becomes available.

Chimera

« Reply #27 on: Sep 29, 2016, 11:08 »
Double-check any sample problems in the DOE materials if you use them in your "guide".  There are some math errors.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #28 on: Sep 29, 2016, 05:52 »
Double-check any sample problems in the DOE materials if you use them in your "guide".  There are some math errors.

There are MANY errors in the DOE material, not just the math.  "Linear Energy Transfer" for example.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #29 on: Sep 29, 2016, 05:53 »
Glad to hear of the progress....I will order it when it becomes available.

I'm getting pretty excited that it's almost finished.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #30 on: Sep 30, 2016, 07:23 »
So... I spent all day working on the Half Life formula's for the book (including fixing the practice problems that were wrong).... then MS Word crashes, and apparently taking my incremental backups with it.

So... 9 hours of work on the book down the drain. (And not the sink drain either).

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #31 on: Sep 30, 2016, 09:35 »
So... I spent all day working on the Half Life formula's for the book (including fixing the practice problems that were wrong).... then MS Word crashes, and apparently taking my incremental backups with it.

So... 9 hours of work on the book down the drain. (And not the sink drain either).

unbelievable, but then again, all too believable,...

9 hours huh?!?!?!?

that is a lot of trust,...

next time, I'll bet you save a stand alone file every two, maybe three hours tops,...

been bit the same way with, well, with all sorts of workbooks, fliers, presentations, test databases, training, etcetera, all across the broad array of MS programs,...

yup, after losing a big one and then getting no grace from the boss about it (you know the boss), I save an interim file every two hours no matter what MS thingy I'm working with, and I highly recommend it to all,...

in all fairness that type of loss is uncommon and is only endured by folks who spend a lot of time with MS,...

and before that one time, with that one boss, on those few occasions where I did endure the massive W T F !!!, I was always able to just work some more hours and reschedule a few other items to be done some other time and cover the faux pas with no one really knowing,... or needing to know,...

and then that one project, on that one day, with that one deadline, and that one boss,... [BH] [boohoo] [Flamer]

every two hours Mike, every two hours, three if you trust your hardware, and MS,...

s imperium mutata saepe,... 8)   (it may lose something in translation)
« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2016, 09:41 by GLW »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #32 on: Oct 01, 2016, 10:34 »
every two hours Mike, every two hours, three if you trust your hardware, and MS,...

My story is the same as yours.  I typically save as draft 1.03, 1.04, 1.05 after every few changes due to decades of examples of lost work.  Some times it was MS's fault, some times it was mine.  It's nice to have an incremental backup to go to when you realize you royally screwed up your document somehow.

So... this time...  The latest version of Windows 10 and Office 365... when I try to 'save as' on my system, there is a terrible lag. Usually around 10 seconds, some times longer when I try to access the file system. (I have to use cellular internet where I live, and I believe the combination of slow internet, and complex intranet cause the delay) -- I suspect the file system goes out to the network for some reason.

Anyways, so I have been saving incrementally less often, due to the pain of doing it, and due to MS's built in auto-recovery, auto saves.

Well, apparently I was too dismissive of the auto recovery file, thinking i had an incremental save in place... and I did not.  And then I clicked on update windows, and aparently they erased all of the auto recovery files... a weirdly specific and rare string of event lead to it, but there you go... 9 hours of my life gone.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #33 on: Oct 01, 2016, 10:50 »
...So... this time...  The latest version of Windows 10 and Office 365... when I try to 'save as' on my system, there is a terrible lag. Usually around 10 seconds, some times longer when I try to access the file system. (I have to use cellular internet where I live, and I believe the combination of slow internet, and complex intranet cause the delay)....

well!!!!!

I have not traveled THAT road previously,...

thank you very much for the heads up!!!!

does that count as a NW.com user OE?!?!?!?!?

heheheheheh,.... 8)

.... I suspect the file system goes out to the network for some reason....

....9 hours of my life gone.

funny how as the inevitable dirtnap clock advances, we tend to get pretty selfish with those hours and minutes,.... :P ;) :) 8)
« Last Edit: Oct 01, 2016, 10:58 by GLW »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #34 on: Oct 01, 2016, 12:54 »
1) does that count as a NW.com user OE?
2) funny how as the inevitable dirtnap clock advances, we tend to get pretty selfish with those hours and minutes

1) At my site, the Safety Coordinator works in the Performance Improvement Department, which also Handles CAP and OE... so lets not joke about that, or I will lose more then 9 hours of my life, which brings me to...
2) Yes, yes it does.  That's also why I am so much less likely to do things for fee now.  I have so much less 'free time' to give. Between the Wife & Kids, the full time Entergy Job, and the Full Time NukeWorker job... free time is just another word for nothing else to do... la de dah, de dah... me and Bobby McG... LW
« Last Edit: Oct 01, 2016, 12:58 by Rennhack »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #35 on: Oct 01, 2016, 01:00 »
I forgot to add, I finished re-doing the stuff I lost yesterday.  of course, I was much more efficient the 2nd time around.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #36 on: Oct 01, 2016, 08:21 »
The Print version is finished.  It should be available for purchase in a few days.

Here is the link when it becomes available: https://www.createspace.com/5810304

It will take me a few more weeks to get the kindle version ready.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #37 on: Oct 01, 2016, 11:08 »
It will take me a few more weeks to get the kindle version ready.

I surprised myself, and finished the kindle version also.  I'll post links when it's available.

Repair for some spam!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #38 on: Oct 02, 2016, 12:58 »
So... I like to keep my books as cheap as I can.  I try to sell the books for $29.99.

The minimum price set by the publisher for the RCT Cram notes was $49.99 (they won't produce it for less than that, and at that price, there is not profit for me)... lots of pages with lots of pictures.

I'm going to have to go back to the drawing board, and figure out how to make it less expensive.  I'm thinking a larger form factor.  (Page size), which should mean less pages, and theoretically, cost less to make. Grrr.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #39 on: Oct 02, 2016, 01:02 »
The Kindle version is live: http://amzn.to/2djEP9F

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #40 on: Oct 02, 2016, 05:15 »
The Kindle version is live: http://amzn.to/2djEP9F

Someone already purchased a copy of the kindle version.  Don't forget to rate it on Amazon!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?