Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Don Feddern honeypot

Author Topic: Don Feddern  (Read 36661 times)

billwall

Re: Don Feddern
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2005, 05:26 »
hey dawn, my first job as a road tech was with don.  He took me under his wing, and kept me working.  My favorite job with him was at Argonne National Lab just outside of Chicago.  Don used to cook almost every day, the stuff he would cook was fantastic (i still use his chilli recipe), but it was sooo hot that you had to have a towel to wipe away the sweat.  We had many many 5th (Absolute) nights after work.  He used to call me KID.  Almost every day, he would send me to the store for some boose and some butts.  I will always be thankful for all of the good times, and the fact that he helped to get me started in the industry.

Offline dawnlee

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Stories about Don Feddern
« Reply #26 on: Oct 28, 2005, 08:16 »
There has to be some more stories out there....COme on!!!!!

Offline dawnlee

• Light User
« Reply #27 on: Jan 07, 2006, 08:19 »
January 18th will be 11 years since you left us..There is not a day that goes by that Bret and I don't think of you. We miss you very much, there are still days I can't believe you are gone and I can no longer call you or hear your voice.
 I love you and miss you more and more everyday.....I know you are looking down on us, keeping us all safe...

Dawn Lee

dose 4ding

« Reply #28 on: Jan 17, 2006, 05:44 »
Dawn,

I worked for your dad in 91 at Davis-Besse and I can honestly say to date it was the best outage I've worked.  I had only been in the business for 4 years at the time but he was great to work for.  He took care of everyone, made the job fun, and was as easy going as they come.  Unfortunately, I only worked for him that one time but he made a lasting impression.  I just recently was talking with a few tech's a St. Lucie and all were in agreement that working for him was the best.  I wish you well and I know we all miss Don bnut none more than you.

Best Wishes

Mike Dinger

schlaps

« Reply #29 on: Jan 20, 2006, 10:12 »
Dawn Lee,
I worked with your dad at Clinton, Peach Bottom and Fermi. Being from I.C. I was able to attend your dad's funeral. I have nothing but good things to say about him. He would always take your side. (Even if you were in the wrong. 8)). , but the tech came first. I remember at Clintons RF1 I was bummed because I couldn't get a three day weekend off to attend a Blue's fest in Davenport and he said screw 'em call in sick and write your hours down anyway. So I did.

alabamanuke

« Reply #30 on: Mar 20, 2006, 02:07 »
You've got it wrong Bill - He called you "FLK" - Little and Kid were the last two :)  The best Don Quote I can imagine - No matter what the BS that was served on our plates he would get that big grin and say, "I just laugh."  Don was one of the last of the old schoolers and he will always be missed and remembered as a legend Dawn.

Bill, Any idea where Craig went?  And where the hell is Taco?

Jim

jim.bickerstaff@gmail.com

hey dawn, my first job as a road tech was with don.  He took me under his wing, and kept me working.  My favorite job with him was at Argonne National Lab just outside of Chicago.  Don used to cook almost every day, the stuff he would cook was fantastic (i still use his chilli recipe), but it was sooo hot that you had to have a towel to wipe away the sweat.  We had many many 5th (Absolute) nights after work.  He used to call me KID.  Almost every day, he would send me to the store for some boose and some butts.  I will always be thankful for all of the good times, and the fact that he helped to get me started in the industry.

alabamanuke

« Reply #31 on: Mar 20, 2006, 02:19 »
There has to be some more stories out there....COme on!!!!!

Leaving the Ferry one morning headed to Decatur with Pollack for an early morning emergency meeting of the Nuclear Health Beverage Club, Don got stopped by a young Decatur cop as he crossed the bridge into Decatur.  Allegedly, the cop started lecturing Don on the hazzards of driving over the speed limit and your Dad responded, "Look son, I'll take the ticket or the lecture but I'm not taking both today."

~ Jim

alabamanuke

« Reply #32 on: Mar 20, 2006, 02:23 »
And Bill should tremember the night Don wanted to catch one of those Argonne white deer we were baiting up to the doorstep.  We thought the FLK was going to try it, Taco was ready also (really ready)  Don was trying to get them to grab the poor animal by the horns.  Absolut and encouragement almost won out:))))

Offline dawnlee

• Light User
« Reply #33 on: Oct 23, 2006, 11:09 »
Happy 64th Birthday Dad....10-21-06

Offline dawnlee

• Light User
« Reply #34 on: Jan 10, 2009, 10:48 »
I know there has to be more stories out there. 

14years have come and gone, this last year was one of the worst for me.  In June 2008 I lost my house due to the floods that hit Palo Iowa (where Duane Arnold is located) and more than anything I wanted my Dad there to tell me everything would be ok.

I want to thank everyone who called and sent letters, my husband and I greatly appreciated it.

I know there are more stories out there......IF you don't want to post them here, please email them to me..

Thanks
Dawn and Bret Feddern

Offline doctorbill

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #35 on: Feb 22, 2009, 07:17 »
I recently retired from Fermi, and remember what a privilege it was to work with Don.  He made Fermi a much better place, and I still mourn his passing.

Radconpro

« Reply #36 on: Jan 27, 2010, 12:28 »
A VERY good man....

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #37 on: Feb 08, 2014, 09:33 »
I still think of don every time eye go drinking in port clinton. watt a grate man with  laff yinze could here across a turbine deck.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline dawnlee

• Light User
« Reply #38 on: Dec 13, 2014, 02:34 »
Happy Holidays.  January 18th 2015 will mark 20 years that Don passed away.  Hard for me to believe sometimes that it has been that long.

Just thinking about it and thought I would post.

Have a great Holiday everyone

Love

DawnLee

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?