Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Foreign Travel

Author Topic: Foreign Travel  (Read 5575 times)

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
Foreign Travel
« on: Nov 12, 2014, 02:27 »
I was out for a couple of years, so was surprised to see the questions about foreign travel when I filled out my new PHQ.  When did they start asking about that?  I was able to scrape together start/end dates for all my trips and listed the countries.  It must have worked, because I got UA within a week (although I was slower than most of my work group).

Now I'm wondering: Are there countries I'm restricted from traveling to when I'm working commercial power?  And are there countries that I'm not RESTRICTED from traveling to, but that will make getting a UA so difficult that I should avoid them?

Thanks!   :)
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2014, 04:02 by UncaBuffalo »
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: Foreign Travel
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2014, 07:43 »
Are there countries I'm restricted from traveling to when I'm working commercial power?  And are there countries that I'm not RESTRICTED from traveling to, but that will make getting a UA so difficult that I should avoid them?

Yes, but I don't currently have a list. Perhaps the SME Graphic can help us.  I'd say stay out of Cuba and the middle east for starters.
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2014, 07:44 by Rennhack »

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2014, 07:49 »
Now I'm wondering: Are there countries I'm restricted from traveling to when I'm working commercial power?  And are there countries that I'm not RESTRICTED from traveling to, but that will make getting a UA so difficult that I should avoid them?

https://www.emcbc.doe.gov/msd/supporting_files/sensitive_countries_list.pdf

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2014, 10:14 »
https://www.emcbc.doe.gov/msd/supporting_files/sensitive_countries_list.pdf

Hmmm... I had to list 4 of those countries on my PHQ...and didn't get any further questions...  Maybe you have to spend a certain length of time?  ...or make multiple entries?   ....or....?

Or maybe NRC uses a different list than the DOE?

Yes, but I don't currently have a list. Perhaps the SME Graphic can help us. 

Yeah, I hope Graphic chimes in, because I was just looking at my 'Lonely Planet - Central Asia' and thinking about hitting some of the 'Stans... 

We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline btkeele

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #5 on: Nov 13, 2014, 12:38 »
Israel?  Seems odd... but not Egypt or Lebanon?

Graphic

« Reply #6 on: Dec 14, 2014, 12:42 »
I was out for a couple of years, so was surprised to see the questions about foreign travel when I filled out my new PHQ.  When did they start asking about that?  I was able to scrape together start/end dates for all my trips and listed the countries.  It must have worked, because I got UA within a week (although I was slower than most of my work group).

Thanks!   :)

There really isn't any kind of "list" per se. However, certain places could raise red flags of course and that's really what it is for because there was nothing that really ever asked about your travel in the past and I do believe it would be relevant for nuclear workers. I mean if you went to Cuba, North Korea and Syria on your last vacation, chances are they'll want to know why! lol.

IT IS possible to be denied access because of it .. but I have never seen it happen.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?