Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Jack (John) Horne  

Author Topic: Jack (John) Horne  (Read 6160 times)

Offline dose4dollars

• Light User
  • Cleveland Browns #1- Always a loyal fan
Jack (John) Horne
« on: Nov 24, 2014, 10:33 »
All,

Jack Horne passed away peacefully Sunday (11/23/2014) after a short illness in New York City.

Please remember his daughters Brittany and Nicki, and family in your thoughts and prayers.

Please forward as needed.

For those who may have known Jack, he was a long term road tech ended up at Hanford for Eberline until 2004, and then PNNL finishing his career as a Rad Protection Support Manager at RPL. 
« Last Edit: Dec 27, 2016, 05:26 by Rennhack »

tmp21849

Re: Jack (John) Horne passed 23 November, 2014
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2014, 11:47 »
I knew Jack for about 26 years. He could find the humor in almost any situation. A somewhat gruff exterior with a heart of gold. Generous to a fault. Rest in peace my friend.

Offline bill10249

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2014, 11:54 »
Jacke was in training  when I got to Hanford before he went to PNNL.  He will be missed by friends and family.  May he rest in peace. 
trains stop at a train station, busses stop at a bus station and now I sit at a work station working for DOE - you decide

DTOD

« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2014, 08:55 »
Jack Horne was one of the good guys. Rest in peace brother. Your last few years were hard, and you deserve the peace that you now have and also the rewards that the Lord reserves for the righteous. It is hard for me to believe that I won't ever see that pained expression on your face again after I say something cruel about Notre Dame's football teams...Brittany and Nicki, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 2014, 12:58 »
You'll be missed, Jack.    :(
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

randyman56

« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2014, 11:30 »
Jack Horne was more than just my coworker, he was my friend.  RIP my friend.

Offline incrediblehulk

• Moderate User
  • Dum vivimus, vivamus!!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2015, 12:04 »
Sad! Jack was a great guy - fun to be around. RIP
Life is short. That is all there is to say. Get what you can from the present - thoughtfully, justly.
                               - Marcus Aurelius

Liberty is never unalienable. It must be redeemed regularly with the blood of patriots or it always vanishes.
                          -R.A. Heinlein

Atomic_Punk

« Reply #7 on: Dec 26, 2016, 11:49 »
It's been awhile since I've been logged on.  Jack was one of my abusive Seniors when I was a Junior tech in the early 90s.  He turned out to be one of the hiring supervisors when I applied at PNNL and he hired me anyway. :-)  You couldn't have met a nicer guy.  He never had a bad thing to say about anyone, even those that deserved it, and no matter how crappy his health situation got, he remained positive and optimistic about everything.  I miss you my friend.  Save me a spot up there.
MF

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?