Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Luckey, Ohio FUSRAP Site honeypot

Author Topic: Luckey, Ohio FUSRAP Site  (Read 7983 times)

Offline Duke

• Very Lite User
Luckey, Ohio FUSRAP Site
« on: Oct 29, 2015, 01:58 »
Does anyone know if a radiological contractor has been selected yet for the upcoming remediation of this site? Thanks for any information that might be out there.
Duke

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Re: Luckey, Ohio FUSRAP Site
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2015, 02:41 »
Portage Inc. Wins $100 Million Firm-Fixed-Fee Federal Contract
Jul 25 15
Portage Inc. was awarded a $100 million firm-fixed-fee federal contract by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Buffalo, New York, for contaminated soil remediation services. The place of performance will be in Luckey, Ohio.

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapid=4560328

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #2 on: Nov 04, 2015, 05:53 »
From what I understand, ARS (http://www.amrad.com/) got the RAD contract.
Good group of guys and gals. I worked with them at Painesville, Ohio at the Diamond Shamrock clean up site.
Steve Shirley is the VP for the company, for those of you who worked at Fernald.

Luckey is a decent gig. You are 20 minutes from Toledo. I spent 8 months there and the site is out in BFE, but you have all the amenities and more within 20 minutes. The winter can be treacherous, but if you are working for 10 years, it makes life a little better. Easy access to Interstate 80, 90, 75.

Marriott was very reasonable in Perrysburg, right next to Bass Pro Shops.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #3 on: Nov 06, 2015, 09:24 »
git long term lease four condos, etc. as prices go up in may dew too fishing.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Mounder

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #4 on: Nov 06, 2015, 08:23 »
I suspect that beryllium hazard will dwarf the radiological concerns, whether it is real or not.  The contractor will flail away with the natural 2 ppm beryllium in  soil; screwing with the property releases. Have a good plan or best of luck.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #5 on: Nov 06, 2015, 08:36 »
I suspect that beryllium hazard will dwarf the radiological concerns, whether it is real or not.  The contractor will flail away with the natural 2 ppm beryllium in  soil; screwing with the property releases. Have a good plan or best of luck.

Sign and Wilcoxon Rank Sum Tests cure all evils except the evil of agendized willful ignorance,...

read here:

Practical Nonparametric Statistics, by W. J. Conover, 1980 (2nd edition, John Wiley & Sons, New York)

enjoy,... peace,... GLW,... 8)

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Mounder

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #6 on: Nov 06, 2015, 09:14 »
It's not that easy. Like the site cleanups at Hanford and INL, it will require proving the beryllium detected is anthropogenic. If they're not using the right test methods, they'll be spinning their wheels.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?