Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu New to the forum, just posting to give a background  

Author Topic: New to the forum, just posting to give a background  (Read 3940 times)

Offline TheNoBull

• Lurker
Hello to all from Texas. I am talking to a recruiter about going into the nuke power program. A little about myself, I'm 23 and about to be married. I have a son on the way (due January 25th). I have an associates degree in Electrical Engineering from ITT. I graduated with a 3.3 GPA, and my recruiter says that the nuke program will be a good fit for me. I have been snooping and searching the forum to answer most of my questions instead of asking the same questions the other guys asked. You may be wondering why I chose to join later than most, the reasons are:

1. I've always envied the respect you get from serving, and personally I think everyone should do something to better their country.

2. I have a son on the way plus a future wife and I think that the military will be a good way to take care of my family.

3. I'm thinking about my future. I see this as an investment for myself and my family.

4. Military has been a part of my family, it's almost a family tradition.

Anyway I appreciate the help with my future questions.
Thanks

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: New to the forum, just posting to give a background
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2014, 12:23 »
1. I've always envied the respect you get from serving, and personally I think everyone should do something to better their country.

When my father passed away, he was given military rites at his funeral. I was immensely moved.  It made me sad to know that I would never enjoy that honor.

Samabby

« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2014, 07:41 »
They all seem like solid, well thought out reasons & I wish you good luck.

Offline gedds1993

• Very Lite User
« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2014, 08:35 »
I am in a similar boat as you my friend. I waited till I was 21 to join up, and I leave in march for basic. I don't have a wife or child but I will offer you any help I can give you. Any questions you have that I might be able to answer for you or if you would like someone to chat with this about please feel free to send me a personal message. As for Navy Nuke, it will be one of the best investments for your future, further research will show you this. I will say that Nuke life (from what I have been told) is not easy on new families, that isn't to say however that you won't be fine. I simply mention this so that it is also on your mind while making your decision. A note on the respect, my first military funeral was when I was 10 years old at my grandfathers funeral. He was a navy man, and what a beautiful service. I still shed a tear or two at any military funeral and since that day I have had a longing to be part of the military. I can understand your desire for that well deserved acknowledgement and respect.

Gedds

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?