Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu James (Jim) Helms
honeypot

Author Topic: James (Jim) Helms  (Read 12128 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
James (Jim) Helms
« on: Dec 14, 2014, 06:09 »
Jim Helms passed I have no information yet other than it was due to a house fire, I will post more information as I get it. Jim had been a road tech for many years.

CATCH22

Re: James (Jim) Helms
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2014, 05:24 »
Very bad news. Jim was a good man. Always had good stories to tell about his off season adventures. He will be missed by many. 

Offline KEVIO

• Very Lite User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2014, 06:13 »
I just had the honor to work with Jim at Harris last outage, he was a great tech and a great person. He will be missed.

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2014, 08:08 »
My heart goes out to the Helms brothers and family for their loss
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2014, 10:18 »
Very bad news. Jim was a good man. Always had good stories to tell about his off season adventures. He will be missed by many. 

Some of the best were his trips to Alaska where he fished next to 'Grizz', panned for gold, and fished all five of the salmon runs.

Offline shiine8

• Light User
  • it aint pretty
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2015, 10:02 »
WOW Marlin I'm so sorry to hear of this. I had fun working with Jim in the Comed system, doing dinners, beers and playing racketball with him. I even got to see him here at Pilgrim a few years ago. What a shame, he was a good man.

Shine

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2015, 11:40 »
Jim Helms passed I have no information yet other than it was due to a house fire, I will post more information as I get it. Jim had been a road tech for many years.

The fire was out when the fire department arrived, Jim succumbed to smoke inhalation. The Coroner and Fire Marshall concluded accidental causes and have released him. Services for family and friends this Saturday.

BetaAnt

« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2015, 01:10 »
Funeral is Saturday 10 January 2015. For further information...

http://herald-review.com/lifestyles/announcements/obituaries/helms-james-e/article_56e9706c-b401-5c64-9d8a-86dc8287e82b.html

Sad day. Goodbye my friend.

BA

Offline DJ@Retired

• Moderate User
  • Just Win Baby! Well Maybe Next Year!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 07, 2015, 11:24 »
Started this long crazy ride in 1980 at Zion with Jim. We became good friends. Then sadly we had a fallen out. Never got to find out why he was mad at me. But I'm sure it was my fault. I'll miss you my friend. I never seen a man drink a beer as fast as Jim. Great Tech.
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A great friend will be sitting next to you saying "Dam, that was Fun"

Offline Phoenix113

• Very Lite User
« Reply #9 on: Feb 12, 2018, 09:21 »
Though late, I want to post. Jim was a great guy. I knew him in the 80's when he had his Cockatoo and Parrot. His girl magnets. Always willing to help a friend. Always ready for a good time.

Chimera

« Reply #10 on: Feb 13, 2018, 02:16 »
The world is a poorer place without him.

Michael K.

Offline fromthehood

• Lurker
  • worker not lurker
« Reply #11 on: Mar 21, 2018, 02:19 »
I am wearing the diamond/amethyst ring he gave me.  We had so much fun!!!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?