Career Path > Getting in

psych test

<< < (2/6) > >>

Rennhack:

--- Quote from: ksheed12 on Jan 17, 2015, 12:44 ---Concerning the MMPI, in my opinion if you don't see the shrink you didn't answer truthfully. :)

--- End quote ---

There is so much wrong with that statement.

OldHP:

--- Quote from: ksheed12 on Jan 17, 2015, 12:44 ---Concerning the MMPI, in my opinion if you don't see the shrink you didn't answer truthfully. :)
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Rennhack on Jan 17, 2015, 01:10 ---There is so much wrong with that statement.
--- End quote ---

As said above the MMPI (Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory) is not a pass/fail test, i.e., fail or pass go to the 'shrink'!

If you initially fit the profile of what the employer is looking for then it goes forward.

The reasons for seeing the shrink:
a): You don't fit the normal profile for the position,
b): Your number came up, as in random D/A screening,
c): There are major discrepancies in your answers (caught by computer scoring, very seldom by humans!

There are many questions to which only the original authors (or the folks that revised it) know what the expected response is/was!

The first time I had to see the 'shrink' was when I didn't answer a question, I wrote my answer on the answer sheet.  The question, "Do you love your mother"?  My mother had passed away two weeks before!  The 'shrink' knew what I was saying.  The other times I hit the random drawing!

8) O:) [SadPanda]

Graphic:
The ones who try too hard to answer what they think is perceived to be the "right" answer are usually the ones who get flagged. Obviously many of the questions are worded fairly similarly. A simple google search can give you an example of how some of these are graded.

I have actually seen the results and answers of a lot of these tests because the shrink accidentally sent back those rather than their decision. I've seen many get denied straight from their test without an interview. 

Some sites are now using the PAI which is much shorter but basically the same type of test.

Promise you one thing, as many of you know already, for the money they spend on these tests and the psychs they are very useful and utilities wouldn't continue to use them if they didn't help weed out the people we don't need in this industry.

Ksheed:

--- Quote from: Rennhack on Jan 17, 2015, 01:10 ---There is so much wrong with that statement.

--- End quote ---

Note the smiley face in my post.

Content1:
My daughter, who spent a number of years as deconner and junior HP, took and failed a psych test at Taco Bell but passed it for the Nuclear Industry.  It is nice having the fate of your career decided by arbitrary tests.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version