Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu DOE Per Diem rules honeypot

Author Topic: DOE Per Diem rules  (Read 5332 times)

Offline American.Badger

• Very Lite User
DOE Per Diem rules
« on: Dec 22, 2014, 08:56 »
Can anyone point me to a document stating per diem rules for DOE contract work? Should they pay % 100 of lodging and food and incidentals for the 1st 30 days or just pay you the hotel costs? Should they pay % 80 percent afterwards regardless of expenses? I know per diem is different for different parts of the country,  Thank You. I am a long time subscriber here to nukeworker but first time poster,

Thanks.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: DOE Per Diem rules
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2014, 10:31 »
There are no rules of what they SHOULD pay.  There are rules about what you can deduct.  Those are IRS rules.

Frequently Asked Questions, Per Diem (GSA)

Frequently Asked Questions, Per Diem (IRS)

https://www.nukeworker.com/other/tax-n-diem/travel_expenses.htm

Per Diem Search of NukeWorker

Per diem is the allowance for lodging (excluding taxes), meals and incidental expenses. The General Services Administration (GSA) establishes per diem rates for destinations within the Continental United States (CONUS). The State Department establishes the foreign rates (for example, Russia, Aruba, Bahamas, Europe, etc.). The Department of Defense (DOD) establishes non-foreign rates such as Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and Guam

You can only pay/claim ¾ of the standard rate for the first and last day of travel.
If paid a lump sum daily rate, forty (40%) percent of the payment is treated as payment for meals and 60% as payment for lodging.
You are not eligible for Per diem starting the moment anyone knows the job will go 1 year or more.
« Last Edit: Dec 22, 2014, 11:16 by Rennhack »

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2014, 12:40 »

You are not eligible for Per diem starting the moment anyone knows the job will go 1 year or more.

That statement makes some recruiters sound stupid and makes some job seekers very frustrated.

A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2014, 01:07 »
That statement makes some recruiters sound stupid and makes some job seekers very frustrated.

Argue with the IRS about it, see how far that gets you.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2014, 04:06 »
Argue with the IRS about it, see how far that gets you.
gist tell them "eye didn't no nuttin about how long that too year job was gonna last" n their will knot bee a problem.  ;)
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?