Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Embassy won't comply, unable to get Nuke rating  

Author Topic: Embassy won't comply, unable to get Nuke rating  (Read 5386 times)

Offline MacArthurorMarshall

• Lurker
Embassy won't comply, unable to get Nuke rating
« on: Dec 29, 2014, 01:59 »
I am currently In DEP for ACEF(I originally wanted to go into DEP as a Nuke but due to complications I chose ACEF in the meantime). Since I was a Congolese citizen two years go, I was told that in order to join the Nuclear Field I needed to obtain a letter from the Congolese embassy that states that I am no longer a Congolese citizen. I decided to call the Congolese Embassy and, according to the Congolese consulate, they are not allowed to send a letter that states that I am no longer a Congolese citizen. I asked why and the consulate told me that there is no need to send a letter since my Congolese citizenship has been involuntarily renounced. I told my recruiter that my Congolese citizenship was involuntarily renounced and he responded by saying that he needs an official letter anyways. I called the consulate once again and he said the same thing "sorry but I am not obliged to send a letter to state that you are no longer a citizen since you are already not a citizen". The consulate basically refuses to send a letter because, in his eyes, sending a letter that states that I am no longer a Congolese citizen is not his responsibility... The whole thing makes no sense to me. Does anyone know what I can do next? I can't voluntarily denounce my citizenship because in order to do so I would have to go to Congo. Sorry for the bad grammar by the way, I was in a hurry.

Offline gedds1993

• Very Lite User
Re: Embassy won't comply, unable to get Nuke rating
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2014, 02:09 »
I'm not extremely well versed in international affairs, but I would assume if you go up the chain of command for your recruiting office someone somewhere can help you further than your current recruiter, remember recruiters are not the highest on the totem pole. Either that or hard ball the Congolese and instead of asking for proof that you're not a citizen, ask for proof that you are one and when they tell you that you aren't one request that in documentation. Sometimes information requests brought in a different light will produce different results. If you are in SC I can give you the area nuke coordinators number and he might be able to help. Good Luck!

Gedds

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2014, 02:15 »
Gedds,

A closer re-read of the OP's post shows it is a problem with the Congolese consulate, not the recruiter. I'm fairly confident the recruiter will NOT directly contact a foreign consulate because it is pretty much a State Department issue. IMHO, the OP is not going to get a security clearance with a 'dual national' issue unresolved.

Offline Frank Cable

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2014, 09:26 »
It sounds like the person you talked to at the embassy is just too lazy to bother.  Not a surprise from a government worker.  If I were you I would draft a letter stating what the recruiter needs to hear/read and mail it to the embassy along with a self addressed envelope along with pre-paid postage.  That way all the embassy worker needs to do is sign it and mail it back to you.  Basically make it a effortless as possible on the embassy so you can get the letter. 

Offline spekkio

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2014, 01:54 »
It sounds like the person you talked to at the embassy is just too lazy to bother. 
Don't be so quick to discount cultural differences that might view renouncing one's citizenship as offensive.

OP, you have to try to take this up with the Congolese government somehow. Your recruiter can't help you; he just needs the piece of paper. The suggestion for you to write the letter and just have an official sign it is a good place to start.

Offline DadofMM-ELT

• Light User
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2015, 10:44 »
Another potential path is to contact your district's senator's and representative's constituent services offices for assistance. If you can, do so in person, bringing all relevant documentation regarding your citizenship. Your goal is to have your senator and congress person (or at least their office) make the request to the Congolese embassy on your behalf.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?