Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Ermel Shively, RIP

Author Topic: Ermel Shively, RIP  (Read 7278 times)

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
Ermel Shively, RIP
« on: Dec 20, 2004, 01:00 »
This morning, Ermel Shively, was at work at the West Jefferson Site, near Columbus, Ohio. He suffered a heart attack and expired some time this morning. For those of you who knew Ermel, pray for his friends and family. If you would like to send anything, contact Closure Services at 614-879-6941.
                                                                                         Dave Warren

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
Re: Ermel Shively, RIP
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2004, 02:29 »
May God Rest you. "Uncle" Ermel, I will miss you.

I'll never forget you telling the story of how your car got pulled into the river while still hooked to your boat trailer.

Gale, you have my deepest regrets.
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Offline dose4dollars

• Light User
  • Cleveland Browns #1- Always a loyal fan
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2004, 04:00 »
To the family of Ermel, I am sorry for your loss, and as a friend, he will be missed. TJTOAD AKA Dose4dollars..... Tim

vikingfan

« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2004, 07:11 »
Sorry to hear of ermels passing. remember working with ermel for sever years at battelle labs. he sure will be missed by all who had the experience of working with him and enjoying his company. ermel loved telling how he could leave work and be at the moose lodge enjoying a COLD one in less than 8 minutes ! our prayers go out to all his many friends and family !

JJ(james jablonski)

Offline TENN-1

• Moderate User
  • Finished the 5 year plan in only 34!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 22, 2004, 07:08 »
Ermel will be forever sitting at that first stool in the Gal, draft and smoke in hand. Peace be with you. Gale, be safe in your travels.

-bill
Things come to those who wait, but usually it's stuff left over from those who hustle!

seanbuckeyefan

« Reply #5 on: Dec 22, 2004, 11:18 »
I personally worked with Ermel for at least 8 years, He will be missed . He died doing what he knew with his retirement in sight, but i think he would rather be
working. A very sad day at battelle, for all the former bartlett workers who worked with him another on has fallen from the west jeff site. to all be carefull and  live day to day.to his wife i send my deepest sympathy. I hope he sitting abck enjoying a cold one at the moose lodge in heaven.  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline cairnit

• Moderate User
  • I love my job........
« Reply #6 on: Dec 25, 2004, 01:47 »
I didn't work with Ermel very much. I wasn't at Battelle for very long. But, to me, he seemed very sweet. I guess he just couldn't retire for long. :) I know that he will be missed by all that had the pleasure of meeting him.

Penny

Offline idrum4food

• Moderate User
  • If ya need air, rope, or wings to get ta where yur goin, ya don't need ta go.
« Reply #7 on: Dec 26, 2004, 07:47 »
Worked with Ermil at Davis Bessie for one outage in 92. Loved his no nonsense attitude.  I have fond memories of him. Prayers to his family and God bless.

Dave Johnson

Offline Laning

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 27, 2004, 11:09 »
I too worked with Ermel at Battelle in the early 90's. I was a house supervisor in my early 30's, while Ermel was a 50 something year old Sr Tech . I'm quite sure Ermel had forgotten much more than I ever knew, but you'd never know it. He was a true professional. Never missed a day, never late, never a problem with any decision he ever made, never any problems period. He was a man in motion; always staying busy. Always willing to share his wisdom and experience with whomever was smart enough to listen. He made a very positive impact on me and many others. I'm sincerely appreciative to have known and worked with Ermel. My condolences to his family.

Eric Laning
If you're gonna be dumb, ya gotta be tough

mustang man

« Reply #9 on: Mar 23, 2005, 04:17 »
i worked with Ermel for bout 2 years at battelle, he was a die hard wolverines fan, and im buckeye through and through, so it was fun 2 say the least, he was one heck of a tech. he tought me alot. RIP ermel   

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?