Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Access with dismissed possession charge? honeypot

Author Topic: Access with dismissed possession charge?  (Read 9582 times)

Offline i like mountains

• Very Lite User
  • New to Nuke, Nuke Tech
Access with dismissed possession charge?
« on: Jan 13, 2015, 09:15 »
So I looked through tons of forums to find some comfort or clarification. Nothing.

I had gotten pulled over 7 years ago and the girl I was dating had marijuana that I did not know about(nor agree with). I immediately told the cops and was very cooperative, also did not want to date the woman anymore but thats neither here nor there.

Anyways, I never got a fine or a charge, didn't even go to court(just for the speeding ticket). I called the state NY about a year ago to check on it to make sure because I was looking into a career in nuke and the lady told me there was NOTHING in my file other than the speeding ticket. Two background checks later, still never heard anything about it. Now I'm close to my first in-process and I called NY again just to make sure.

Now this lady says that it shows an incident of being arrested for possession but having all charges dismissed. She said there was no legal action held against me and that the state of new york considers this as never happening. Also, marijuana is not considered a controlled substance in NY.

BUT I know, I've read a lot. Everything saying I still need to mention it. Would you agree? Will this stop me from being granted UA? I have no other trouble whatsoever since, model employee and student, been working very hard lately to get a good career started.

If UA is still possible, what other hoops and forms can I expect to jump through/complete?
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2015, 10:02 by i like mountains »

Offline RFaunt

• Moderate User
Re: Access with dismissed possession charge?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2015, 09:30 »
A guy named Graphic is going to come in here and give you an expert opinion. He's very well-versed in these matters. Listen to what he has to say and follow his advice.

My advice, based on my experience (albeit limited), is to contact the court in NY and try to get paperwork about the dismissal or whatever they have on file for it. When you fill out and turn in your PHQ, having documentation from the court helps speed things up considerably. Mention it with an explanation of the circumstances because if you don't and they find it, you're going to face a denial for a period of X years. The length of time since the incident should work in your favor.

Hope all goes well and you make it onboard. Be sure to keep the board updated on the process. Your story will help someone else facing a similar situation down the road.
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Isaac Newton

Offline i like mountains

• Very Lite User
  • New to Nuke, Nuke Tech
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2015, 09:38 »
Thanks RFaunt, I noticed everyone in the forum saying to PM Graphic so I have done that as well. Look forward to hearing from him and anyone else experienced with this.

In-process is in a couple weeks, and I'll keep y'all updated.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2015, 01:05 »
.....If UA is still possible, what other hoops and forms can I expect to jump through/complete?

If you find yourself traveling to multiple sites, across various fleets, back and forth between commercial entities, DoD, DoE, DHS and "others", be prepared to keep repeating the same process over and over for this anomaly until some defined but variable number of years have passed by,...

Keep your explanation consistent and I do not recommend volunteering side quips to the explanation, just keep it as Joe Friday as possible without being obsequious, obstinate or disobliging,...

You would think there is some super reliable, super consistent database in the sky and there might be,...

It just rarely seems to work that way,....

Be a boyscout, be prepared,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2015, 03:43 »
You would think there is some super reliable, super consistent database in the sky and there might be,...

P ermanent
A ccess
D enial
S ystem   ?  ;)

Offline i like mountains

• Very Lite User
  • New to Nuke, Nuke Tech
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2015, 05:06 »
Thanks GLW

Keep your explanation consistent and I do not recommend volunteering side quips to the explanation, just keep it as Joe Friday as possible without being obsequious, obstinate or disobliging,...

Basically you're saying don't even bother volunteering the information about it being my girlfriend's marijuana and what not? So where it says explain the circumstances around the incident I would just put something like:

"Pulled for a speeding ticket, very cooperative, told the cops about the marijuana and in the end everything was dismissed and no fines/charges were issued."

I don't smoke or do drugs, in fact I rarely even drink. With the fact that something like that is in my name, it doesn't matter if it wasn't mine(which it honestly wasn't) does it? Still counts against me just as much.

Based on what people are saying is that even with this mark I should still be able to get UA, right?
« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2015, 08:51 by i like mountains »

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2015, 10:44 »
Thanks GLW

Basically you're saying don't even bother volunteering the information about it being my girlfriend's marijuana and what not? So where it says explain the circumstances around the incident I would just put something like:

"Pulled for a speeding ticket, very cooperative, told the cops about the marijuana and in the end everything was dismissed and no fines/charges were issued."

almost, you can let them know the marijuana was possessed by your passenger without your knowledge or consent,...

if they want to know the extent of your relationship with the passenger, they will ask,...

and then you can elaborate that she was your girlfriend then and is not your girlfriend now,...

just don't get all off the topic and off on tangents,...

i.e.,...don't do what we do here all the time,....heheheheheh,...

...... With the fact that something like that is in my name, it doesn't matter if it wasn't mine(which it honestly wasn't) does it? Still counts against me just as much.

it counts that the marijuana was possessed by your passenger without your knowledge or consent,...

you were younger and less experienced, you took ownership of the situation, and resolved to never repeat it and have not done so,...

I don't smoke or do drugs, in fact I rarely even drink.....

those are the "not Joe Friday" equivocating tangents you do not need to blather on about,...

smoking is legal, if they ask you about smoking, then you answer with what you do,...

drinking is legal, if they ask you if you about drinking, then you answer with what you do,...

remember to keep consistent, in the space of two posts you went from a girlfriend who had marijuana you did not know about to being very cooperative and telling the cops about the marijuana,...

reread your posts,...

if you did not know then you did not know, if you cooperatively told the cops about the marijuana, then how did you not know about the marijuana?!?!?!?

when those questions begin folks tend to get flustered, get stupid, and make it harder on themselves,...

know the truth, tell the truth, do not embellish the truth, and all your dealings with security will be much simpler, for good or ill,...

is this beginning to make sense?!?!?!

Based on what people are saying is that even with this mark I should still be able to get UA, right?

I am not in security nor do I grant UA,...

I do know people with more troubled histories who have UA, they just straightened up and continued to fly true after the bad situation played itself out,...

Thanks GLW

your welcome,...dull day and evening around these parts,.... happy to help,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline i like mountains

• Very Lite User
  • New to Nuke, Nuke Tech
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2015, 11:00 »

if you did not know then you did not know, if you cooperatively told the cops about the marijuana, then how did you not know about the marijuana?!?!?!?

Realizing my wording was confusing. To clarify, she told me earlier in the day during the trip. Couple hours later I got pulled over, cop asked if there was anything in the car, so I told him.

Graphic

« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2015, 11:43 »
Well I did reply to your PM. But I can promise you this, as said before you need to get your story straight. Lying gets you denied way quicker than anything in this industry. This is what you wrote to me:

""I had gotten pulled over 6 years ago and the girl I was dating had marijuana that I did not know about(nor agree with). I immediately told the cops and was very cooperative, also did not want to date the woman anymore but thats neither here nor there""

So frankly, as said above, your story has changed 2 or 3 times already as Pointed out. Doesn't matter if the state considers marijuana legal for recreational or medical use as federal laws are still used.

« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2015, 11:59 by Graphic »

Offline i like mountains

• Very Lite User
  • New to Nuke, Nuke Tech
« Reply #9 on: Jan 15, 2015, 12:19 »
Graphic,

I apologize for the initial, hastily typed message. I understand the importance of telling the whole truth. Again, with that being said I did not initially know it was in my car. Later in the day she told me about it. Then a few hours later I got pulled over. Cop asked questions, I answered them truthfully. Straight forward.

As with the NY law thing, I wasn't asking if it's okay, I know it's not. More along the lines of what does it even show up as? Regardless, I will be disclosing all information truthfully. That answer doesn't even matter. Just something I was curious of earlier.

Graphic

« Reply #10 on: Jan 15, 2015, 12:35 »
No worries here bro. Just pointing it out. Little things like that get people denied daily. The background checks go through the FBI's database it isn't going to say that in NY they don't consider that a controlled substance. Federal law applies in that case.

Good luck though as said before in pm I think you will be okay in gaining access. Just make sure everything is listed im your phq!

Offline i like mountains

• Very Lite User
  • New to Nuke, Nuke Tech
« Reply #11 on: Feb 10, 2015, 10:27 »
Here's an update for everyone;

Everything was listed in great detail on my PHQ and in full honesty. My processor never even asked me about the dismissal, I'm guessing this was because it was so long ago. Took all my required coursework, which started Monday, and by Friday I had my UAA badge.

I know everyone one harps on it but I'll say it again, moral of the story for anyone else new to nuke... HONESTY! And detailed too! Made my inprocess experience go as smoothly as possible. In fact, mine went much more smooth than some of my other new to nuke co-workers.

Graphic

« Reply #12 on: Feb 10, 2015, 11:18 »
Glad you got in. I figured you would be okay. And yep, honesty goes a longgg way in this industry.

Congrats!

radrat

« Reply #13 on: Feb 10, 2015, 04:47 »
Congratulation!!!

Content1

« Reply #14 on: Feb 10, 2015, 06:46 »
You sound innocent and it is good to see you made it.  The people in the industry do look at the facts. I hope this is forever behind you.

Offline 61nomad

• Moderate User
« Reply #15 on: Feb 10, 2015, 11:04 »
Hopefully your days of throwing people under the bus are long gone.  However, it takes a while to overcome that stigma.  
« Last Edit: Feb 10, 2015, 11:07 by 61nomad »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?