Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Robert "Dr J" Jickling honeypot

Author Topic: Robert "Dr J" Jickling  (Read 3630 times)

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
Robert "Dr J" Jickling
« on: Feb 05, 2015, 10:58 »
The news that my friend Bob "Dr J" has passed on is very distressing, he was one of the nicest people that I've ever met in this business or frankly anywhere. Although his last stint in the Nuke World was with the NRC Region III, he actually started as a RP tech at the Palisades plant. That is where I first met him, and I will remember fondly the many, many nights we spent on the back shift just shooting the bull, and telling jokes, and of course lies. Rest easy my friend, and may God hold you in the palm of his hand.

Robert Dean Jickling, age 60, a resident of Naperville, IL, passed away unexpectedly on February 1, 2015 at Edward Hospital, Naperville. He was born February 10, 1954 in Marlette, MI to Dean and Dora (nee Jackson) Jickling, who preceded him in death. Bob adored his loving wife, Judy (nee Weiner) and cherished his family time with Judy and their two cats. He is survived by his siblings, Susan (Tom) Swett and James (Kendra) Jickling; his nieces and nephews, Tyler and Ryan Swett and Kelsey and Kyle Jickling; his mother-in-law, Winifred (the late George) Weiner; his siblings-in-law, Susan (Jim) Wells, Marion (Steve) Prusher, Robert (Tina) Varenik and Sylvia (Jack) Nizri and their families. A graduate of Ferris State University, Bob was an Emergency Preparedness Inspector with the Nuclear Regulatory Commission and was an extremely respected mentor and colleague. He enjoyed the great outdoors and loved archery and fishing. Bob was a true friend to all. He was a generous kind soul who made new friends feel like old friends in an instant. He will be deeply missed by all who were fortunate to know him as their friend. Visitation will be Sunday, February 8, 1:00 until 5:00 PM at the Friedrich-Jones Funeral Home & Cremation Services, 44 S. Mill St., Naperville. A Celebration of Bob's life will be held at 5:00 PM at the funeral home. Interment will be private. For information please call 630-355-0213 or visit www.friedrich-jones.com
Published in a Chicago Tribune Media Group Publication from Feb. 4 to Feb. 6, 2015
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Offline TENN-1

• Moderate User
  • Finished the 5 year plan in only 34!
Re: Robert "Dr J" Jickling
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2015, 10:55 »
Bob was one of the good guys.  Pure and simple.  He was getting out of the rent-a-tech business about the time I got in and I remember wishing to be like him; smart, wise, and fun to be around.  I remember seeing him as an NRC inspector watching drills in the OSC.  Afterwards we always visited and fondly remembered things back in the day.  Later, when I became the EP manager at CNP, we would have long phone calls about the regulations and how they were changing, what constituted movement in a positive direction and what might heighten an inspectors questions.  He had a way of driving change without a stick and he made the world safer through his efforts in EP.

Bob always had a need for speed, usually on a Japanese rocket of some type.  One visit at the plant, he proudly announced that he had sold his bike and bought a bass boat because he wanted to make his wife happy and enjoy the marriage.  His wife and the cats.  Always a story or two about the cats.  Never have I seen him happier. 

Peace to you and yours.   
Things come to those who wait, but usually it's stuff left over from those who hustle!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?