Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Interview for internship for upcoming outage

Poll

what types of behavioral question might be asked and what type of questions are appropriate to ask the interviewer?

Dress attire
0 (0%)
Technical questions
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Interview for internship for upcoming outage  (Read 5407 times)

Offline Trish024

• Very Lite User
Interview for internship for upcoming outage
« on: Feb 11, 2015, 01:16 »
Hello all:

I am currently seeking an internship as an NLO at a local commercial plant for an upcoming outage. We have interviews coming up and I want to stand out from the rest. I know there will be behavioral type questions asked and I have been preparing myself for those. But, I wanted to know what type of questions are appropriate to ask the interviewer at the end. One I came up with was: If I was offered this internship, how would you measure my success, and what could I do to exceed your expectations? I don't want to come off as over confident or brash.

Any advice would be much appreciated!
Thank you!

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: Interview for internship for upcoming outage
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2015, 01:37 »
Questions that can help an interviewee stand out (I've been on either side of the table) are questions that demonstrate that the interviewee has spent some time researching the position being filled AND the company. A question like "where can *I* be in 5 years?" can sound self-centered to some interviewers, but a question such as "where is the company seeing growth, and how would this position fit in?" sounds a lot more like a team player with initiative.

Offline Trish024

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2015, 01:45 »
Thank you!

Also, what about touching on topics such as my education and back ground?

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2015, 01:51 »
Thank you!

Also, what about touching on topics such as my education and back ground?

The interview panel definitely should ask, and at that point describe your education and background. Try to relate that background in a manner that matches the skills sought. Keep it conversational, not a 10 second burst, not a 10 minute dissertation, optimally 2-3 minutes.

Offline Trish024

• Very Lite User
« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2015, 03:23 »
I have my Bachelor of Science in Biology and now I am pursuing an AA in Nuclear Technology. How can I describe my education without sounding like the AA is a fall back plan because it is not. I was going to lead with I received my BS in Biology but toward the end of my undergraduate studies I realized I wanted to do something more technical but still in the science field.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?