Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Waiver question
honeypot

Author Topic: Waiver question  (Read 3018 times)

Offline TomsMom

• Lurker
Waiver question
« on: Feb 27, 2015, 01:36 »
Hi all,

My son just went to MEPS and took the oath last week. He got a 99 on the ASVAB and is trying to get into the Nuke program. He needs two waivers; one for a D he got in Algebra II (he did retake the class and got a B) and the 2nd waiver is regarding him not going to college or doing much of anything for the last 5 years (he is 23).

Can someone tell me what the chances are of getting these approved?

Thanks!

Offline sovbob

• Fact-Checker
  • Moderate User
  • Vanguard of the Vox Populi
Re: Waiver question
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2015, 05:19 »
Officially, every waiver is handled on a case-by-case basis.

Unofficially, your son should have no problem getting his waivers approved.
"Everyone's entitled to be stupid now and then, but you're abusing the privilege."

Offline Tylor

• Moderate User
Re: Waiver question
« Reply #2 on: Apr 07, 2015, 12:44 »
The only waivers I've ever seen people actually struggle with getting are medical waivers. I entered the nuclear program on an academic waiver, same situation really. I have several friends into their late 20s who joined, so I can't really see that being an incredibly difficult waiver to get. Your son got the max score on the asvab, so his recruiters should definitely be pushing to get him in. I look forward to seeing your son out in the fleet.
"There are no extraordinary men... just extraordinary circumstances that ordinary men are forced to deal with." -Admiral William Halsey

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?