Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu what job possibilties are out there? honeypot

Author Topic: what job possibilties are out there?  (Read 9199 times)

wirebiter54

what job possibilties are out there?
« on: Dec 26, 2004, 07:31 »
enlisted EM2 getting ready to get out and not wure whate job possibilities are out there. what is there for a ex navy nuke that is not working at a power plant. what jobs are at the power plants .

soupsamich

Re: what job possibilties are out there?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2008, 04:17 »
There are a ton of possibilities out there. In Oregon and it sounds like around the US there is a huge shortage of Maintenance workers at Hospitals and Semiconductor plants. As an electrician, instrument tech, mechanic or ELT you can do well.  I work at a semiconductor plant and we pretty much always have an opening for an electrician, and currently have two electrical and two instrument openings. You will find out that a Nuke electrician is much different than a Standard Union Electrician. Being able and willing to operate a physical plant is very desirable. We have had others and they have left chasing the money or opportunity. 

Good luck, and feel free to get ahold of me for more info

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2008, 04:27 »
Until today, the oldest reply to this thread was nearly 3 years.  :P

Justin

number41

« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2008, 07:20 »
Justin, why am I not surprised to see that you were the first to punch this dude in the eye for inattentiveness?  Keep up the good work!  I'm just pissed that you beat me to the punch!  P.S. You coming to table lodge?

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2008, 12:04 »
Justin, why am I not surprised to see that you were the first to punch this dude in the eye for inattentiveness?  Keep up the good work!  I'm just pissed that you beat me to the punch!  P.S. You coming to table lodge?

I will email you about that.

Justin

soupsamich

« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2008, 08:20 »
My bad, thanks for the punch. I guess that I didn't notice that the Dec post was actually 2004.  What I did notice is that the post had been read over 1700 times, so even if it is old with nobody responding, there are most likely people reading it.  If I'm going to get punched for getting info out there to people getting out, on a forum that is meant to do just that, I'll take it every time.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2008, 02:41 »
My bad, thanks for the punch. I guess that I didn't notice that the Dec post was actually 2004.  What I did notice is that the post had been read over 1700 times, so even if it is old with nobody responding, there are most likely people reading it.  If I'm going to get punched for getting info out there to people getting out, on a forum that is meant to do just that, I'll take it every time.

Actually, I didn't use the word punch, someone else did. I didn't think I was punching anyone. I was just bored and felt like some humor, which was apparently lost on the smiley with a tongue sticking out. My bad. Can't say it won't happen again though.

Relax.

Justin

number41

« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2008, 05:14 »
It wasn't lost on me!  I just wanted to call you out for being the first person to "enlighten" him about the original post date.8)

Dithanial

« Reply #8 on: Feb 14, 2008, 05:27 »
Well, since the replies are no longer 3 years outdated, I get out of the navy in ~3 months and have the same questions as that EM2.  I just found this site today and have been reading... and reading... and reading...  There is a crazy amount of posts on here.  I would personally like any current info on jobs on the outside for a dumb, SRO qual'd, six year electrician from the TR.

Thanks.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #9 on: Feb 14, 2008, 05:51 »
Well, since the replies are no longer 3 years outdated, I get out of the navy in ~3 months and have the same questions as that EM2.  I just found this site today and have been reading... and reading... and reading...  There is a crazy amount of posts on here.  I would personally like any current info on jobs on the outside for a dumb, SRO qual'd, six year electrician from the TR.

Thanks.

Everyone is hiring NLOs and maintenance people. Your choice.

Justin

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #10 on: Feb 15, 2008, 07:43 »

Thanks.

Check the job board here and use the contact for the different utilities to look at their websites for job openings. This is just the nuclear stuff, there are a lot of options out there.
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

taterhead

« Reply #11 on: Feb 15, 2008, 09:13 »
This is just the nuclear stuff, there are a lot of options out there.

I can attest to this.  It seems like I get way more interest from non-nuke, even non-energy folks than from the nuke utilities.  I thought, at first, that I was going nuke all the way, but now it seems less likely thanks to a good deal of non-nuke interest.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?