Career Path > Nuclear Operator

Recent NLO Positions 2015

(1/10) > >>

Bob_Buck:
In the last couple of months there have been a lot of NLO postings and I thought I would create a thread so the individuals applying for these positions could stay in the know about the current status of the hiring process. I know some of these positions have already hired, namely the Duke sites. These are the plants that have posted jobs that I can remember off the top of my head: Quad Cities, Limerick, Dresden, Braidwood, Beaver Valley, Davis-Besse, Salem/Hope Creek, McGuire, Harris, Oconee, Catawba, and Plymouth. I have applied to a couple of these but the only one I have heard from so far is Salem. I was invited to take the mass/poss but I had previously passed it with another utility. The test was scheduled for 3/27/2015 so I'm assuming interviews for the position will start soon. If anyone has any information on any other plants please share and I will do the same if I hear from any of the others I have applied to. 

Lethological:
You can add Comanche Peak to that list.  They had everyone take the POSS on March 9th.  The job posting states that offers should be sent in April or May.  I would imagine that they would be sent out in April, since they class up on June 8th.  I still haven't heard back on whether or not I have an offer.

Gamecock:
What is a ballpark pay rate for an NLO?

Hraesvelg:
Depends on experience, we top out around $43-44/hr here. With OT we make around $120k-$130k a year.

Bob_Buck:

--- Quote from: Lethological on Mar 28, 2015, 09:19 ---You can add Comanche Peak to that list.  They had everyone take the POSS on March 9th.  The job posting states that offers should be sent in April or May.  I would imagine that they would be sent out in April, since they class up on June 8th.  I still haven't heard back on whether or not I have an offer.

--- End quote ---

I wish I had known they were hiring, I would have liked to get in there. Bad job out of me. Thanks for sharing this information!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version