Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Recent NLO Positions 2015 honeypot

Author Topic: Recent NLO Positions 2015  (Read 31503 times)

Offline Bob_Buck

• Light User
Re: Recent NLO Positions 2015
« Reply #25 on: Apr 22, 2015, 04:21 »
I couldn't imagine waiting 2 months. It's been 5 days since my interview and I'm already anxious.

Offline Lethological

• Light User
« Reply #26 on: Apr 23, 2015, 01:17 »
I couldn't imagine waiting 2 months. It's been 5 days since my interview and I'm already anxious.
It's definitely testing my patience having to wait this long, I can say that! I finally got in touch with someone today, and they should have offers ready by the end of next week.  With that being said, I'm assuming the latest I would know would be May 8th, which is a week after the selection process should be over.  At this point, I'm hoping my last post in this thread will be good news  8)

Offline Bob_Buck

• Light User
« Reply #27 on: Apr 28, 2015, 10:02 »
I interviewed for a NLO position about a week and half ago and yesterday I was contacted by HR asking for copies of my degrees. I can't help but think this is a good sign, thinking that they wouldn't ask for these if they weren't going to send out an offer, but the pessimist side of me begs to differ. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Offline Lethological

• Light User
« Reply #28 on: Apr 28, 2015, 01:14 »
I would think that's a good sign.  The only other situation like that I've heard of is someone getting a tour of the plant after their interview.  They eventually received an offer.

On a related note, I was notified about my offer last week!   8)  All that's left is dotting the i's and crossing the t's (obtaining a clearance, physical, etc).  Be confident, be friendly, and prove that you would be a valuable asset.  Those were my goals going in, and it paid off.  I'm looking forward to the new career  ;D

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
« Reply #29 on: Apr 28, 2015, 02:19 »
Stay at it. Keep your heads up and attitudes good. TVA offered me a job during an interview and said the formal offer was on the way. Then it took two months.

Offline Bob_Buck

• Light User
« Reply #30 on: Apr 30, 2015, 12:24 »
Congrats Lethological!

I just received and accepted my offer yesterday! I'm very excited to start my new career. Now I just have to find somewhere to live lol.

I also want to thank everyone that contributes to this forum. I have been lurking on here for the past 18 months and the information I have obtained from reading all the various posts have been great. This forum was very beneficial and I think it definitely helped me land the job. I hope that one day I will be able to contribute like many of you have and help someone else land a job in the nuclear industry.

Thanks again!

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
« Reply #31 on: Apr 30, 2015, 12:39 »
Bob,

At Salem?

Offline Bob_Buck

• Light User
« Reply #32 on: Apr 30, 2015, 12:58 »

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
« Reply #33 on: Apr 30, 2015, 01:34 »
Do yourself a favor. Go to Wellington and eat at the Wellington Pizza House, the best pizza in the US

Offline gpezzino26744

• Lurker
« Reply #34 on: Apr 30, 2015, 06:46 »
I also just received and accepted an offer for the operator position at Davis Besse

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #35 on: Apr 30, 2015, 10:24 »
Do yourself a favor. Go to Wellington and eat at the Wellington Pizza House, the best pizza in the US

....Six tables in a Main Street storefront two four seaters, one six seater, and three eight seaters. Established in 1966, there is a stamped tin ceiling painted dark brown without a trace of dust to be seen anywhere on that ceiling. The place is as clean as a nunnery.

Good pizza, we went for the mushroom, ham and tomato on a 16" pie, it's a thin crust style. We opted out of the onions as they tend to overwhelm and mask the subtler pleasures of pizza. I love onions on pizza but it's nice to know it was a good pizza before I massacre it with my favorite pizza topping.

Aunt Carmen was not there at 1930 on a Wednesday night, but the staff was nice and service was prompt, the fried raviolas were pleasant and the water was potable which is not all that common in North Central Ohio. We took home a pepperoni calzone for a family member who opted to stay home, a bit smallish by New York pizzeria convention but then all those New York calzones have not helped me maintain my girlish figure over the years either.

The calzone in Wellington is reminiscent of scacciata for those who have enjoyed such.

The stay at home judged the calzone to be good also.

If you're working DB, either restaurant is a good stop while enjoying North-Central Ohio....

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2015, 09:43 »
Wow thanks !

Offline oiltonuke

• Lurker
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2015, 03:50 »
My time-line with PSEG Nuclear at Salem NJ for the Nuclear Equipment Operator position.
Online application: 10/13/14
POSS/MASS test date: 1/9/15
Received POSS/MASS result:1/28/15
Interviewed: 2/19/15
Accepted job offer: 5/11/15
Projected start date: 6/15/15

Offline surmaaja

• Lurker
« Reply #38 on: Jun 03, 2015, 12:38 »
So has anyone moved on to their next steps?  Know how many people are in your class?   Have you taken the fire brigade physical?  Any information that you can offer about what all has transpired and anything new that has happened or what you can expect in the near future as far as schedule?

Offline Nukette

• Light User
« Reply #39 on: Jul 07, 2015, 10:40 »
Here is my somewhat recent experience with the next steps as far as Exelon goes,
Received an offer around 9/2013, Fire brigade physical and clearances were given out about a month prior to starting.  I started beginning of February where after a week or so we (my EO class of 10) rolled into GFES training.  After GFES, we went to Fire Brigade training for a little over a week.  Systems training was after that where, you guessed it, we learned about all of the plant's systems...   So from my start of Feb until Aug we were in classroom training for the most part with weekly exams.  In August we had an OJT portion of training where we went on shift with our crews to learn specific tasks and get more familiar with the plant.  In January, most of us were qualified EOs. So about a year in total from the start date, did we become fully functional EO/NLOs.

If you're still looking Clinton Power Station is looking to hire another new EO class in January I believe.  Job posting is on Indeed.  Good luck :)

Offline JermonJohnson

• Journeyman
  • Lurker
  • I am a very hard dedicated man with previous exper
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2016, 12:37 »
I Jermon Johnson am new to the Nuclear Division and field. I am forklift certified...  Also great at welding, electrician, journeyman status, scaffold building, fire watch... Coding and decoding solar and turbine regulator.
Jermon Johnson

Offline JermonJohnson

• Journeyman
  • Lurker
  • I am a very hard dedicated man with previous exper
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2016, 12:44 »
Hello do anyone know employers that may need a great worker or two whos willing to travel.
Jermon Johnson

Offline Jon92179

• Very Lite User
« Reply #42 on: Jul 30, 2016, 05:13 »
Hi, I'm wondering if there is an updated list of plants hiring.  Also does anyone know the pay raise step schedule for Duke plants?

Offline revpotsy

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #43 on: Oct 16, 2017, 09:04 »
does anyone know of any 2018 hiring for non-license operators? i have 8 year nuke experience, 2 masters degree, and a DOE clearance. Thanks!

TVA

« Reply #44 on: Oct 16, 2017, 09:19 »
OR you could check the utility websites.

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #45 on: Oct 16, 2017, 09:23 »
I don't know of any 2018 plans, but I know of 2017 plans.

goldbergspare

« Reply #46 on: Oct 21, 2017, 01:28 »
Here is my somewhat recent experience with the next steps as far as Exelon goes,
Received an offer around 9/2013, Fire brigade physical and clearances were given out about a month prior to starting.  I started beginning of February where after a week or so we (my EO class of 10) rolled into GFES training.  After GFES, we went to Fire Brigade training for a little over a week.  Systems training was after that where, you guessed it, we learned about all of the plant's systems...   So from my start of Feb until Aug we were in classroom training for the most part with weekly exams.  In August we had an OJT portion of training where we went on shift with our crews to learn specific tasks and get more familiar with the plant.  In January, most of us were qualified EOs. So about a year in total from the start date, did we become fully functional EO/NLOs.

If you're still looking Clinton Power Station is looking to hire another new EO class in January I believe.  Job posting is on Indeed.  Good luck :)

Hey i have a question why does exelon do two drug tests? and are they the DOT 5 panel? Some people i heard were saying that Exelon was doing hair testing. but that's doesn't sound right. Can you please confirm that misconception. Thank you

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #47 on: Oct 21, 2017, 10:12 »
Does it matter? If you want to work there, you agree to submit to them, if you don't agree, you won't work there (there's another post chain about that). If they want to spend more money for extra tests, let them.

TVA

« Reply #48 on: Oct 22, 2017, 03:00 »
Exactly

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?