Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Different versions of POSS test?

Author Topic: Different versions of POSS test?  (Read 4702 times)

Offline Hraesvelg

• Light User
Different versions of POSS test?
« on: Mar 29, 2015, 11:00 »
When I started as a NLO I had to take the POSS test as expected. I'm applying for a NLO position at another utility and they require the POSS C. This is the first time I've heard of multiple versions of the POSS test. Can anyone shed some light on these differences? I filled out a release form for my old exam results but I'm wondering if I should brush up in case the version of the POSS I took is not what they require.

The POSS test I took had the longer math section, 46 questions as opposed to the 18 questions.

Offline Bob_Buck

• Light User
Re: Different versions of POSS test?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29, 2015, 11:15 »
This thread gets slightly off topic after the first post but it does confirm that there is a POSS B as well as a POSS C.
https://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php?topic=37297.0
I'm not sure of the differences between the two but I do know that there are different passing criteria for fossil and nuclear, so maybe the C version is specifically for nuclear as it seems to be the version all of the nuke jobs use.

Offline Hraesvelg

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2015, 11:38 »
That would be great if the version I took for Exelon was the same as what Duke requires. Thanks for the reply. I saw that thread when I was researching as well. Hopefully all that's left is the interview.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator

Offline Hraesvelg

• Light User
« Reply #4 on: Mar 29, 2015, 02:16 »
Thanks Renn, I saw that link, there was just very little discussion on the differences between the two versions.

Offline Zintra

• Lurker
« Reply #5 on: Apr 20, 2015, 11:30 »
Exelon requires POSS C and if that is what you took and passed you will be ok.  They do share scores and all you have to do is submit the form. 

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?