Poll

career and degree options

degree
1 (33.3%)
career
2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: Jul 12, 2015, 07:31

Author Topic: career advice for a 8407 HM  (Read 3414 times)

clydeben

career advice for a 8407 HM
« on: Apr 13, 2015, 07:31 »
Hello , I'm currently  a 8407 HM(Radiation Health Tech) in the navy. As of now I'm pursuing a bachelors degree in nuclear engineering technologies  from excelsior college and earning my NRRPT Certification . I would like to know what would be some good career options for me once I leave the navy. I would also like to know what masters degree would be my best option to pursue once I get my bachelors

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
Re: career advice for a 8407 HM
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13, 2015, 10:10 »
I recommend the nuclear energy engineering technology (I think that's what it's called) degree. It's their new, ABET accredited degree program. Or skip it entirely and go with health physics, or something of that nature.

HeavyD

Re: career advice for a 8407 HM
« Reply #2 on: Apr 14, 2015, 09:33 »
The bachelor's degree will depend on what you want to do.

Do you want to continue in RP?  Do you want to get into Operations or Maintenance?

As for a Masters degree, why are you getting a Masters?  Not saying you shouldn't, but you don't/wont need one to get into the industry.

Typically, a Masters degree says I am planning on transitioning to management, and out of work that produces a tangible product, as soon as possible.

Just some food for thought.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?