Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu EEI Tech help honeypot

Author Topic: EEI Tech help  (Read 6359 times)

Offline jasonsamara

• Lurker
EEI Tech help
« on: Apr 19, 2015, 08:36 »
So here is my story. I have worked in a Meter Services department for 3 years after being a Lead Meter Reader for 8 years. I handle single phase work, but have never lost my "Meter Reader" title. After 3 years of doing a good job they decided to make me a Meter Tech. All I have to do is pass this Tech test. I did the practice test about a thousand times and had it down. I sat down with my boss and explained all the answers etc. and then turned around and failed the actual test! What is difficult is they don't tell you anything just pass or fail. I'm on a 90 day hold now until I can take it again. I have read the topics on this forum and have 3 books coming in the mail this week that someone on here recommended. Other than that I don't know what to do? Can anyone give me advice, point me in the right direction, know of a contact that can help etc? My boss says I will take it till I pass it, but HR will not give me any info except point me to the practice test.

I thought I did good. I made it through 11 of 16 on the first part, 12 of 15 on the second, 30 out of 42 on the third and 11 of 15 on the last. The nodes on the last part might have been where I messed up. I have been told that maybe the 3rd rule changed things and maybe I didn't catch it. It's frustrating when you already do part of the job, and do it well, but I will never get my Job Title changed without passing this test. Thanks for taking the time to help me. :)

Offline davistl5

• Lurker
Re: EEI Tech help
« Reply #1 on: Apr 25, 2015, 08:52 »
I had taken the tech test for southern company two weeks ago and passed, I only did eight questions on the graphic section, the key to this test is to RELAX, study the heck out of that practice test it helps. Did you get tech test A or B? I had gotten B and it was tough but not too difficult, being calm and relaxed is the key.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?