Reference, Questions and Help > Computer Help

Training Development

(1/1)

Chimera:
I need to develop some CBT training for the RP Techs . . . and I definitely don't want to use Microsoft PowerPoint (don't want another "page turner").  Does anyone know of a good authorware program that is relatively easy to configure, will run in Windows and doesn't cost $6,000.  The final product will need to run on our intranet.  I've been debating on brushing up on my old skills in Visual C or Visual Basic but I was hoping someone out there had already conquered this problem and might have a better solution.

Mike K.

Rennhack:
Google: SCORM (Sharable Content Object Reference Model) Compliant LMS (Learning Management System).

There is software that makes "scorm" compliant content, and software that hosts scorm content.

I recommend going that route.  It can even be incorporated into NANTeL if you need to, or any other training software.

Chimera:
Wow!  I asked for something that didn't cost $6,000.  SCORM is $15,000 with a $3,000 annual fee.  Perhaps I should have mentioned LESS THAN $6,000 (laughing).  Actually, SCORM sounds like what I was looking for about 25 years ago - something that I could fit the authored program into. 

I've been out of the loop too long.  I'm probably not even asking the right questions.  I need to develop CBT with a modest amount of interactivity built in - which PowerPoint won't do - so the Techs can go through the basic material but also have some interactivity to answer questions they may have while going through the basics.  Perhaps I should sit down and story-board out what I want to do and then see which authoring program will let me do what I want . . . then I guess, go begging to get my bosses to buy it for me.

Rennhack:

--- Quote from: Chimera on Apr 27, 2015, 11:18 ---Wow!  I asked for something that didn't cost $6,000.  SCORM is $15,000 with a $3,000 annual fee. 

--- End quote ---

SCORM costs nothing.  It is a language/standard like HTML or XML.

There is free software that makes SCORM compliant material.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=free+SCORM+Compliant+LMS

Chimera:
I guess that's what I get for going to SCORM.com to find out more information.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version