Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Training Development
honeypot

Author Topic: Training Development  (Read 3582 times)

Chimera

Training Development
« on: Apr 23, 2015, 03:19 »
I need to develop some CBT training for the RP Techs . . . and I definitely don't want to use Microsoft PowerPoint (don't want another "page turner").  Does anyone know of a good authorware program that is relatively easy to configure, will run in Windows and doesn't cost $6,000.  The final product will need to run on our intranet.  I've been debating on brushing up on my old skills in Visual C or Visual Basic but I was hoping someone out there had already conquered this problem and might have a better solution.

Mike K.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: Training Development
« Reply #1 on: Apr 23, 2015, 07:26 »
Google: SCORM (Sharable Content Object Reference Model) Compliant LMS (Learning Management System).

There is software that makes "scorm" compliant content, and software that hosts scorm content.

I recommend going that route.  It can even be incorporated into NANTeL if you need to, or any other training software.
« Last Edit: Apr 23, 2015, 07:46 by Rennhack »

Chimera

« Reply #2 on: Apr 27, 2015, 11:18 »
Wow!  I asked for something that didn't cost $6,000.  SCORM is $15,000 with a $3,000 annual fee.  Perhaps I should have mentioned LESS THAN $6,000 (laughing).  Actually, SCORM sounds like what I was looking for about 25 years ago - something that I could fit the authored program into. 

I've been out of the loop too long.  I'm probably not even asking the right questions.  I need to develop CBT with a modest amount of interactivity built in - which PowerPoint won't do - so the Techs can go through the basic material but also have some interactivity to answer questions they may have while going through the basics.  Perhaps I should sit down and story-board out what I want to do and then see which authoring program will let me do what I want . . . then I guess, go begging to get my bosses to buy it for me.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Apr 27, 2015, 08:39 »
Wow!  I asked for something that didn't cost $6,000.  SCORM is $15,000 with a $3,000 annual fee. 

SCORM costs nothing.  It is a language/standard like HTML or XML.

There is free software that makes SCORM compliant material.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=free+SCORM+Compliant+LMS
« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2015, 08:42 by Rennhack »

Chimera

« Reply #4 on: Apr 28, 2015, 06:46 »
I guess that's what I get for going to SCORM.com to find out more information.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?